[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
AOTY
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 6
File: marissa art.jpg (102 KB, 620x620) Image search: [Google]
marissa art.jpg
102 KB, 620x620
i can't stop listenening to this, probably the best recent album i've heard
>>
but /mu/ told me women are inferior human beings and can't make good music
>>
File: 045778747320.jpg (167 KB, 900x900) Image search: [Google]
045778747320.jpg
167 KB, 900x900
>>65779346
no, /pol/ told you that

/mu/ loves women

case in point: currently listening to pic related, it's incredible
>>
The album is brilliant anon, Marissa really went the extra mile
>>
It is amazing, as is her entire output. Mayflower May is still my fav, probably. She's still the best female Singer-Songwriter around, really underrated for most of her career. I am really glad that she gets more exposure recently.
>>
>>65779741
>Julia holter
>Laura marling
>fucking Joanna
She's p good but there are better
>>
>>65780246
Yeah, it all comes down to individual taste. I love Julia Holter and Joanna Newsom, but on the other hand Marissa has a dark, brooding gothic-edge in her music that I absolutely love. I come from those genres too. Marissa Nadler is my most listened artist, so I guess it's save to say that at least for me she is the best in this niche.
>>
Here's my top 10

1. Car Seat Headrest - Teens of Denial
2. GoGo Penguin - Man Made Object
3. Yndi Halde - Under Summer
4. Aluk Todolo - Voix
5. Big Ups - Before A Million Universes
6. Henri Texier - Sky Dancers
7. King Gizzard & The Lizard Wizard - Nonagon Infinity
8. Money - Suicide Songs
9. Warhola - Aura
10. Aesop Rock - The Impossible Kid
>>
>>65780305
plep
>>
File: cover.jpg (507 KB, 1600x1600) Image search: [Google]
cover.jpg
507 KB, 1600x1600
Her best album as of now desu. Wish it got more exposure.
>>
>>65780322
no u
>>
>>65780275
Do you like Chelsea Wolfe?
>>65779339
This is my AOTY. I'm not really sure what happened to this band, they've slowly become less popular over the years only to now put out their best fucking album yet and it's been almost completely glossed over by everyone.
>>
File: image.jpg (153 KB, 620x620) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
153 KB, 620x620
>>65780468
Forgot pic cause I'm an idiot
>>
>>65780468
>>65780483
I used to like Woods a lot back when At Rear House came out, and got less and less interested in them over the years. I decided to go to a show they were playing a few months back and got bored and left halfway through. They put on a terrible live show.
>>
>>65780550
Have you listened to this new record? I'm right there with you they've been getting more boring over time, my favorite shit was their early freak folk stuff, but with this album they really proved they have what it takes to make a front to back fantastic album.
>>
>>65780550
I saw Woods last year, when they played their old songs (toward the end of the show) it was pretty good, but their newer ones were really shitty.

New album seems a bit better then the last few, but it's too late now and there's not much interest left in them.
>>
>>65780699
damn...what did he mean by this?
>>
>>65780699
I only have salad fingers
>>
>>65779339
marissa please stop spamming your album on here
>>65780305
you too will. and fuck king gizzard too
>>
File: 81wQL6ZOpTL._SL1200_.jpg (298 KB, 1200x1200) Image search: [Google]
81wQL6ZOpTL._SL1200_.jpg
298 KB, 1200x1200
It's been a pretty great year for music so far, my personal fave is pic related
>>
>>65780393
>Her best album as of now desu
i agree, though i was never big on her early stuff this is great
>>
>>65780692
I've listened to the new album and the last albums they put out. They're not bad and I can sit down and listen to them without complaint, but something about their live show was just boring as hell.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.