[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I was born in the wrong generation!
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2
File: FB_IMG_1466337997953.jpg (38 KB, 630x379) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1466337997953.jpg
38 KB, 630x379
I was born in the wrong generation!
>>
>>65778476
the problem is most definitely not this generation

its you
>>
>>65778476
yeah, why arent there good bands like Journey, Queen, and Nirvana anymore?!
>>
>>65778476
>implying led zeppelin is good
>>
>>65778652
this
>>
File: image.jpg (97 KB, 594x594) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
97 KB, 594x594
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eje6XG1f5vc
>>
>>65778476
I was born in the wrong generation.
Today's music sucks so much i sometimes wish i was born at least 20,000 years into the future.
These days music is so primitive i can't stand it. We are doing nothing more than changing musical styles back and forth. I can't wait when we achieve musical singularity, when every track causes extreme musical extasy.
>>
On the whole, as far as what is propelled into the pop music charts, music has grown more formulaic and less adventurous and that is hard to dispute
>>
>>65778779
This, stop pretending that there's as much quality music today as back then.
>>
>>65778779
>>65778820
its less of a problem with modern music being less adventurous, but there being less new ground to cover
>>
Generally people compare today's music (anything from the last couple of years) with the cream of the crop of 5-6 decades of music. It's not a fair comparison
>>
>>65778838
that's a good point anon, why do you think that is?

Do we need to invent new instruments?
Is electronic music the only way forward?
>>
Blues died in the early 60s
Jazz died in the late 70s
Classical died in the late 80s
Rock died on the mid 00s
It's all dead, though today is the best era to listen to music, everything is available.
>>
>>65778652
Right generationer here
Led zeppelin is def. alright through overrated outside of /mu/
>>
>>65778820
>>65778779

I bet you fags couldn't even name ten 21st-century classical composers.
>>
>>65778868
i think so, yeah. i think the rise of internet age genre's such as vaporwave, are really only in the baby stages.think about how rock and roll was in the 50s and early 60s, same with rap/hip hop in the late 80s, early 90s. these new genre's of music need to first take themselves seriously before they would be widely recognized as a new music movement.

sampling is sort of an instrument now, and when put in the proper hands can be an effective instrument.
>>
not really funny when zep is fantastic band, their most popular stuff seems to be the least good stuff aswell. on the topic of current music, there is alot of good stuff but its totaly understandable someone would enjoy older music much more.
>>
>>65778476
I was born in the wrong generation. It doesn't have anything to do with music though, there are plenty of great bands today. I just wanna live with my harem of 17 hippie girls out in the Nevada desert in the summer of 1969, possibly take some peyote and kill Sharon Tate.
>>
I was born in the RIGHT generation. Kanye West, Kendrick Lamar, Lil B, the list goes on! I'm not narrow minded like those plebby le wrong generation kids, I hate Led Zeppelin, The Beatles and Queen. Pink Floyd? Dad rock! I listen to memerap ironically and music is about being fun! It takes just as much talent to make a Lil B record as it does a Queen record. I hate dadrockers they completely dismiss music arbitrarily.
>>
>>65778779
that has more to do with the business side of music than with its musical side though. there are plenty of experimental musicians today, more than ever since all you need is a computer and everyone in decadent developed countries has one, they just don't get a lot of exposure.
>>
>>65779067
>implying queen records are as hard to make as MBDTF
>>
>>65778820
there's more, shitskin.
>>
>>65779137
t. /r/lewronggeneration
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.