[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What do you think about this, how does it stand against their
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1
File: 71hEtk3aCpL._SL1500_.jpg (87 KB, 1500x1500) Image search: [Google]
71hEtk3aCpL._SL1500_.jpg
87 KB, 1500x1500
What do you think about this, how does it stand against their other records?
>>
>>65767678
Its their worst. It has some decent songs on it though.
>>
>>65767678
it's alright in itself, but compared to their best albums it's trash
>>
>>65767706
I'd say Suck It And See is their worst desu

>>65767678
pop-ish songs to appeal teenage girls, I believe it has less "heart" than their previous records

>tfw Humbug is actually your favourite
>tfw they'll never play it fully again
>>
>>65767678
its ok, not as good
>>
>>65767678
It's super safe and that's what makes me most bored you know?
>>
>>65767706
SIAS is a lot worse.

>>65767925
Humbug is their obvious best it's not even funny. The peak of their personality and technical ability as a band. They nailed every single aspect of their sound just right on that one.

>>65767678
An interesting change in sound. A lot better than SIAS. Sometimes the songs work, other times they don't. It's not very consistent, but the highs are fairly strong. They lost a bit of their identity by trying to become "americanized" though.
>>
>>65768021
mein nigro. I guess "personality" really is the best attribute to be found in Humbug, and yeah the fuzzy guitars are perfectly well done
>>
>>65767678
Terrible
>>
It's a bad album. It's very slow.
>>
Em I the only one who actually likes every single one of their albums? Even Suck It and See.
>>
>>65768459
Yeah but SIAS is trash

Like really bad
>>
>>65768459
nah, suck it and see was alright
but it's nowhere as good as humbug though

>>65767678
this is very good, i've listened to it more times than i should have
>>
>>65767706
Second worse.

>>65768021
>The peak of their personality
>They nailed every single aspect of their sound just right on that one.

Ehhh...it was really good, but it felt like they were putting on a bit of a "show" to specifically get rock critics to like them, sorta like putting on their mature caps. Their personality I think was in full effect in their first two albums and songs like "Pretty Little Visitors". They feel more like cool, snarky lads who like punk and are a step above dudes who fight at bars. Humbug feels more like they're trying to be brooding intellectuals.
>>
>>65768514
SIAS was incredibly frustrating. It was like watered down Humbug without anything that made Humbug great. It has some neat songs like Piledriver Waltz and She's Thunderstorms tho
>>
>>65768646
Humbug still holds the "lad" feels of their earlier stuff, just in a more drugged out, self conscious way. I see what you mean and their first album was the one that caused more waves, but Humbug was the logical progression of their sound, the one where they arguably, truly hit "greatness". Shame Alex turned into a wannabe yankee now.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.