[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Were these runes ever explained? What's the symbolism behind
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
File: SWANS_POSTER6.jpg (53 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
SWANS_POSTER6.jpg
53 KB, 600x600
Were these runes ever explained? What's the symbolism behind it? Is there an interview or an official source that analyzes them? Did Mr. Gira provide any clarification for them, besides 'they're hands, they look like hands'? Did he draw them?
>>
nunununu
>>
>>65763985
I think its supposed to represent the deliberate mixing on 15:36 of Frankie M. The hands represent the hands of Michael Gira altering the mix of the drums so they are completely cut off. The feet and legs represent the racing of Swans fanboys to defend everything Gira has done, and the NU NU NU NU NU at the bottom also represent the swans fanboys vehemently shouting NO to any sort of criticism aimed at the album in any way, particularly around the mix of the drums at 15:36 of Frankie M.
>>
>>65764052
thanks for ruining that song for me dick.
>>
>>65764052
>I don't like it!!!! it must be an error
>actual criticism
>>
>>65764431
still a good song on a pretty great album. Just an annoying fuck up that shouldnt be there.
>>
For the whole "Frankie M." argument, please use this thread: >>65762376
>>
>>65763985
TAKE A LOOK AT THESE HANDS
>>
>>65764562
Or this one: >>65759564
>>
File: GiraThrowsHisHat.jpg (351 KB, 1661x935) Image search: [Google]
GiraThrowsHisHat.jpg
351 KB, 1661x935
>>65763985
I thought it was obvious

Swans' newest member
>>
>>65765709
kek
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.