[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Guys I think I'm growing out of all my music. I was into
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 1
File: 1449739611644.jpg (102 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1449739611644.jpg
102 KB, 1920x1080
Guys I think I'm growing out of all my music. I was into a lot of emo, math rock, and noise rock before but they don't seem to really click for me as much anymore. I tried some jangle pop bands since I was already pretty into The Smiths and thought it was alright, but still seems to fall flat after only a few days of listening.

Can someone suggest me some really riveting and inventive to spark my taste again?
>>
I was going to respond but
>anime
>on /mu/

Go do your own homework fag.
>>
>>65763473
Well that is a very puritanical view.
>>
>>65763392
Switch genres? Are you into hip hop at all? What about country?
>>
look into genre's you don't normally listen to.
>>
why does kyo ani make the best music anime?

who can compete? kids on the slope?
>>
>>65763844
This girl knows what's up
>>
>>65763840
I'm kinda into hip hop. I like Kanye, The Avalanches (If that counts), Chance, and similar stuff.
>>
>>65763392
Listen to jazz.
>>
>>65763919
Any suggestions for some good guitar based jazz?
>>
>>65763890
Check out some hip hop playlists or essentials charts. If you already kind of like the genre you'll definitely be able to find something you like.
>>
>>65763392
>posts anime picture
Maybe u wanna try nightcore bro
>>
>>65763945
What about jazz fusion? Return to Forever, Mahavishnu Orchestra, Billy Cobham, etc
>>
>>65763956
Okay will do. Maybe hip-hop is my new thing since I've always been passively into it.
>>65763988
I'll try those out. Thanks!
>>
>>65763805
so is your mom lmao
>>
>>65764018
You're welcome! I hope you find some new favorites :)

I'm both hip hop and jazz fusion anon lol>>65763956
>>65763988
>>
>>65763945
For guitar based try Doug & Jimmy Raney
>>
>>65764088
Thanks!
>>
Just get into house and techno desu
try out Basic Channel, if 20 minute dub techno jams don't make you think 'fuck me this is what's been missing from my life' then I'm out of suggestions

worked for me
>>
>>65764594
this
try a bunch of electronic genres and see what sticks
>>
>>65764623
for years I've been into math rock, post rock, emo, hardcore, et cetera and I just found myself being transfixed by bleeps
Without a focus on contextual relevancy, deep emotion or lyricism, it's a much purer listening experience.
Just good tunes.
Hours would pass I would just by transfixed, going deeper through discogs to find more tracks.

Recently I'm getting back into emo and hardcore again but man bleeps are fucking sick.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5F5W4lvMiug
>>
70s prog
>>
cut up the anime, mix it with warm water and shoot it into your veins
>>
>>65763392
start listening to weird 80s jpop, you beautiful weeb you

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D0Lim2XmVc4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DhxDC0qQ4pg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ehmiAg_B-Kk
>>
Any time you ever meet someone or if you're bored and talking to someone
ask what they're listening to and try it out.
Go on youtube and see where it leads you when you punch stuff in.

Talk to the old heads at music shops for recommendations.
Get creative, make finding new music a hobby
>>
>>65764918
Holy shit anon thanks for this
>>
Hibike OP and ED are very cool songs.
>>
>>65763392
Thats a cute picture
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.