[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Could this potentially have been their best album?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2
File: smile.jpg (162 KB, 720x720) Image search: [Google]
smile.jpg
162 KB, 720x720
Could this potentially have been their best album?
>>
If the first 20 tracks from Sessions got the full-arrangement Pet Sounds treatment than it would have been hands down their best.
I'm also one of the dudes that always thinks about arrangements when listening to Sessions, I would have done some shit with You're Welcome let me tell you that.
>>
What's happened? We used to love Smile Sessions and other mixes but now whenever anyone mentions it everyone had to be "that guy" and remind us it was technically never released. It's like someone really doesn't like seeing this album posted.
>>
It already is.
>>65762138
Pet Sounds treatment? What are you on about?
>>
I still would have liked Pet Sounds better. I just don't like Van Dyke's lyrics.

It would definitely have been a major cultural "event" though, like Sgt Pepper.
>>
>>65762754
Full-on 100% realization of the songs, nothing on Sessions contains that but everything on Pet Sounds contains that.
It's like everything from Smile Sessions manifesting Brian's vision of the song, like Good Vibrations. Does this make sense at all?
>>
>>65762437
I don't like to see it posted because you people don't know anything about it and can't properly discuss it. it's embarrassing.
>>
>>65762813
cabinessence was completely finished up to the standards of circa-1967 brian... that gives you an idea of what he wanted the aesthetic and sound of the finished album to be
>>
>>65763018
So was Wonderful and Wind Chimes.

So no, not necessarily.
>>
>>65762805
>It would definitely have been a major cultural "event" though, like Sgt Pepper.
Not really.
>>
>>65763063
yeah i forgot about windchimes. but wonderful was supposed to have another section, it would've edited to what became "he gives speeches" and they also added another section in the smiley smile version. but it wasnt until working with VDP and Darian Sahanaja putting together the 2004 finished SMiLE that they realized that Look (Song For Children) fits perfectly as a transition to Child Is father Of The Man
>>
>>65763253
He Gives Speeches is massively underrated, Beach Boys should have stuck around with VDP, hell, should have made him an official member, and they could have been remembered alongside the likes of Pink Floyd, King Crimson, and Genesis, for musical sophistication and lyrical intellectualism.
>>
>>65763253
>but wonderful was supposed to have another section, it would've edited to what became "he gives speeches"
[citation needed]
>>
>>65763324
I would rather have Brian, Carl and Al abandon ship and join up with VDP to make that magical pastoral music that they had an idea of. VDP as an official member would have been way too fucking tumultuous.
>>
>>65763377
>VDP as an official member would have been way too fucking tumultuous

Exactly, imagine how much more legendary they would be as the band that started out as trashy teenager music over the course of just a few years not only blow up to be the biggest band in the world but the driving force behind sonic expansion in popular music.

I would rather they have all gone seperate ways as early as the mid 70s, so their discography wouldn't be so bloated
>>
>>65763018
>Who ran the Iron Horse?

WHAT THE FUCK IS THAT SUPPOSED TO MEAN? TELL ME, DAMMIT!
>>
>>65763566
I don't know how Mike was retarded enough to not see the obvious metaphors for westward expansion, I'm not well read at all and most of the lyrical conceptions on SMiLE are quite easy to decipher.
>>
>>65763566
The Iron Horse is a train. I believe they are asking a rhetorical question of who build the railroads.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.