[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Future Present Past
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1
File: Future-Present-Past.jpg (29 KB, 900x900) Image search: [Google]
Future-Present-Past.jpg
29 KB, 900x900
So what does /mu/ think of the new EP by The Strokes?
>>
2 out of 3 ain't bad, but it doesn't exactly have me looking forward to a new album and is this it is my favorite record. You?
>>
amazing
>>
>>65757128
i really liked OBLIVIUS and Threat of Joy, but I think Drag Queen was a bit too slow in tempo. I listened to it on normal speed then on 1.25 and 1.25 honestly sounded much better.

Is This It is my favorite record of course, and I really do like most of the songs on Comedown Machine, some people didn't appreciate it but I really like the more experimental sound.
>>
Didn't like it very much but an improvement over comedown machine which was awful to me. I just hope this is the beginning of the end of Strokes down period and they make a decent album again.
>>
The opening track was decent
>>
Oblivious is good, just barely

the other two are absolute garbage and I really really truly love the strokes
>>
EPOTYSF
>>
I like it a lot
>>
>>65757636

This.
>>
>>65757273
but Comedown Machine is their 3rd best album
>>
3/10
only nostalgia fags living in the past will find this shit "good"
>>
Anthony Fantano killed mu
>>
>>65757291
How can you not like Threat of Joy if you "truly love the strokes"? It's the best Is this It esque song they've released since first impressions
>>
>>65757072
pretty good, but it's kinda worrying that the best track is past, followed by present, and then future

I mean, Drag Queen (future) is easily the worst
>>
>>65758414
this
>>
Oblivius and Threat of Joy are good. I'm optimistic about a new album if it's similar to those tracks. Drag Queen is meh.
>>
am I the only one who really liked drag queen? I feel like I'm going insane cause everyone hates it or thinks it's mediocre at best
>>
4/10
>>
I liked Threat of Joy, and Comedown Machine was better than Angles so maybe a comeback one day
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.