[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How valuable would weekly piano lessons really be? I'm 24
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2
File: 1455934453072.jpg (128 KB, 400x534) Image search: [Google]
1455934453072.jpg
128 KB, 400x534
How valuable would weekly piano lessons really be? I'm 24 years old and have never played an imstrument on my life. Always wanted to, but never had the money or opportunities; no one in my family plays music or owns an instrument.

I bought a decently priced digital piano and some self-teaching books, but I usually have a hard time teaching myself anything. I've amused the idea of taking lessons, but it'd be about $300 a month for only one hour of instruction each week. That seems like a lot of money for so little, but I see so many people say that learning an instrument through a teacher is better than trying to do it on your own.

What do you think, /mu/?
>>
>>65751770
Japan has good taste in women
>>
japan likes rei wtf... I though my waifu was the underdog

btw holy shit 300 for four hours? unless you're rich just learn from videos on youtube. though this is advice from someone doing that themselves, so bit biased
>>
Trying to teach yourself is very difficult to do well. You can learn online but it takes a lot of determination and ability to evaluate yourself. Do lessons if they're possible but maybe try and find some place cheaper.

Also Misato >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>
>>65751820
>>65751889
Yeah, the price is rather high. It's $280 a month, to be exact. I tried finding other places to learn, but most people charge about the same in hourly rates, or they seem flaky as fuck.
>>
>>65751820
$70-80 an hour is pretty common
>>
>>65751770
>24

You realize that you're too old to ever turn it into anything more than a hobby, right?
>>
A teacher might help as the best time to have learned any instrument is at a young age. That being said, I have plenty of friends who taught themselves instruments. Just remember that paying for a teacher you get a lot out of the training methods they give you and practice schedules, so that you make a lot more progression each week than "only 1 hour of instruction"
>>
File: 1459754604307.gif (770 KB, 500x546) Image search: [Google]
1459754604307.gif
770 KB, 500x546
>>65752394
I have no interest in making it more than an enjoyable hobby, but that defeatist attitude of yours just makes me want to prove you wrong.

>>65752412
I've never had any music instruction in my life. How much practice material would you be given each week?
>>
Why do rei-fags compete when even anno thinks Asuka is best girl?
>>
>>65752045
wow. never realized it could be that expensive...
my piano teacher took like 25 EUR for a lessom
>>
I wish I could play the piano well enough to be able to play the Evangelion theme.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.