[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Comforting albums
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 10
File: image.jpg (107 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
107 KB, 300x300
Comforting albums thread? Not necessarily /comfy/, that could be a thread all its own. I guess I'm looking for stuff that feels very personal, probably pretty quiet. At least, that's what I find myself being the most comforted by when I'm feeling shitty. Post whatever albums comfort you, I guess.
Pic related, ultimate comforting album for me.
>>
File: image.jpg (39 KB, 316x316) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
39 KB, 316x316
I'm going to be posting a couple of other albums that fit the criteria for me, hopefully get the ball rolling
>>
File: image.jpg (661 KB, 900x900) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
661 KB, 900x900
Visiting Friends off of Sung Tongs has a similar feel to this as well, both are incredibly relaxing.
>>
File: image.jpg (68 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
68 KB, 500x500
The only album I can think of as intimate and quiet as Pink Moon. Very different from his other work in Songs: Ohia or Magnolia Electric Co.
>>
File: freewheelin.jpg (57 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
freewheelin.jpg
57 KB, 500x500
>>65747796
Interesting, I like this album a lot but def wouldn't call it comforting. Makes me pretty depressed actually.
>>65747849
>>65747900
These are great

I gotta go with picrelated, it's very comfy, contains a lot of wisdom, always makes me feel good. My favorite Dylan album
>>
very loud white noise
>>
Real nice quaint/sleepytime music. Puts you right in Scottish countryside.
>>
>>65747796
Literally this album has been the background music to a lot of scary/sad songs, i'd 100% reccomend this. and if you like sufjan, i would also listen to The Age of Adz(album)!! it's happier and different but still introspective and personal and emotional n shit
>>
>>65748021
Pink Moon is a pretty sombre album, but when I turn to it I'm typically feeling much the same way. I guess it's the feeling of being in the same shoes as someone who is able to articulate the feeling so well that makes it comforting to me.
>>
>>65748159
lot of sad/scary periods of time**
>>
File: a-portada.jpg (474 KB, 1424x1372) Image search: [Google]
a-portada.jpg
474 KB, 1424x1372
Check out this Spanish band called Veneno.
>>
>>65747796
Pink Moon is a weird kind of comfy, like a perfect mix of depression and serenity.
>>
File: 2382873.jpg (263 KB, 575x575) Image search: [Google]
2382873.jpg
263 KB, 575x575
in the picture it says 'cat power - moon pix'
>>
>>65748159
I listened to this album so much last summer when I was going through some shit. Now I can't even listen to it. Brings back too many memories. But it's an incredible album. Possibly his best, if not it's close.
>>
Alex G - Beach Music feels like a really comfy feels jam with a very close friend who understands you/you understand him perfectly. Also Duster - Stratosphere, it's pretty spacey but warm enough to be comfy af.
>>
>>65748729
it really is. have you listened to the exploding whale ep?it came out a month after carrie and lowell did last year and i had no idea until recently. but i rec it if not
>>
>>65748824
I didn't know about it either. I'll definitely check it out. Thanks!
>>
Grouper's Dragging a Dead Deer Up a Hill has been one of my go-to's recently.
Really atmospheric/ambient folk music.
>>
>>65748867
it's on his bandcamp :)
>>
>>65748991
Awesome. I didn't even realize he had one
>>
File: ys.jpg (29 KB, 355x307) Image search: [Google]
ys.jpg
29 KB, 355x307
>>65747796
This album sounds more like an intensely personal play. She has an amazingly expressive voice.
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.