[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is there any metal band as good as Animals as Leaders? vocals
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 2
File: Cover.jpg (65 KB, 1000x1000) Image search: [Google]
Cover.jpg
65 KB, 1000x1000
Is there any metal band as good as Animals as Leaders?

vocals are just fucking anoying i need some good bands with no vocals
>>
>>65745720
of course there are
is there as good a prog djent band though? Probably not.
>>
Hey look, it's a thread started by me in 11th grade
>>
https://youtu.be/Zb1H3nLsxbo
>>
>>65745750
You mean 8th
>>
>>65745767
I wasn't trying to be tooo mean
>>
RotoR from Berlin

start with Rotor IV
>>
>>65745720
>their worst album
kek
>>
>>65745731
>>65745767
>>65745750
OP is a faggot, but animals as leaders have talent you cant deny that
>>
>>65745796
No.
>>
>>65745796
when will metalfags learn that technical ability ≠ good music
>>
>>65745765
https://youtu.be/1gRESh4iyfs
>>
theres a lot. look up GRU or pomegranate tiger and polorization
>>
>>65745720
Javier Reyes solo
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SH8IlsVbiDQ
>>
>>65745842
it is good though. atmospheric, lovely, creative and artistic sound. prog fans don't get criticized for liking technical ability
>>
>>65745842
AAL is technically talented and can write musical journeys well, there's just so many notes people just assume it's wank.
>>
>>65746018
that's not exactly the problem I have
also
>unironically saying "musical journeys"
kys
>>
>>65746051
>unironically saying "musical journeys"
how is this bad in any way?
>>
>>65746016
right, prog fans get criticized for being fedora-wearing fags
>>
>>65746051
jazz chops
>>
>>65746058
it's cheesy and pretentious as fuck and I'm concerned about anyone who doesn't realize that
>>
>>65746104
>cheesy and pretentious as fuck
how the fuck else are you supposed to describe shit like Skinny fists and program music?
>cheesy is bad
nice meme
>>
>>65746075
oh i see so you have buzzwords
nice were done here
>>
>>65746078
where are you going with this
I hope you're not saying you think jazz is good
>>
>>65746122
I'm not entirely sure what your argument was in the first place
>>65746121
you could just say "it has a narrative quality," or something more articulate. Also
>cheesy is not bad
I bet you like power metal
>>
Canvas Solaris
Scale the Summit
Tempel
Intervals
>>
>>65746183
>you could just say "it has a narrative quality," or something more articulate
That sounds even more pretentious though.
>I bet you like power metal
A bit, I like sympho black more. I'm a huge black metal fan. I also like drone, jazz, and modern classical. Fight me.
>>
>>65746224
Are you like in high school or something?
and don't lie
>>
Plini?
>>
>>65746258
Senior in college actually. What do you listen to m8?
>>
>>65746286
raw bm, harsh noise, pop, hip hop. Although despite being a recent college graduate I don't feel like my tastes are particularly mature or sophisticated. I just feel like listing jazz, any form of metal, drone, and classical in your list of preferred genres makes you appear younger than you evidently are. Anyway yeah just be careful how you portray yourself
>>
File: dont touch me.gif (2 MB, 550x435) Image search: [Google]
dont touch me.gif
2 MB, 550x435
>>65746258
Do you normally bash people for liking genres of music you don't? I bet you have a lot of friends.
>>
THEIR DOGS WERE ASTRONAUTS
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZTSfzqvmZsU
>>
>>65746413
I don't, but that's probably for other reasons. And I've stopped bashing tastes irl so that doesn't really repel people as much as it used to. And it's not that that is music I don't like, it's just kinda juvenile sounding
>>
>>65746410
>Anyway yeah just be careful how you portray yourself
or just don't fucking give a shit and listen to what you want to? Stop being an autist about nothing and just do you? You're that kind of guy who when they first go to /mu/ tries to listen to /mu/core to fit in, and when they see an album with a high score on rym, they feel "oh I better not rate this low, that wouldn't be agreeable" or whatever the fuck. Literally just be your own person, that is all you need to be "patrician", nothing else is a requirement. The reason /mu/core drones are not "patrician" is not because they listen to popular stuff, it's because they don't have their own taste. As long as your taste is your own and nothing more, and as long as your musical journey comes from you and what you think then you're patrician. Congrats, you just won /mu/, now fuck off.
>>
>>65746488
I don't listen to /mu/core but ok. I feel like that was kind of a disproportionately angry response. Anyway yeah I agree that people should listen to what you want, it's just obnoxious to name your tastes and then say "fight me" like anyone is impressed or even cares
>>
>>65746561
>I don't listen to /mu/core but ok
uhhuh, you've never heard a /mu/core album, I'm sure.
>I feel like that was kind of a disproportionately angry response
because your attitude infects this site and is cancer
>it's just obnoxious to name your tastes and then say "fight me" like anyone is impressed or even cares
I said fight me as a half joke because it was so obvious that you were going to judge me for liking anything that you didn't approve of, which of course, you did. People have posted literal pop albums in chart threads and have gotten less shit than someone who has Hospice. Being judgemental is fine, but be judgemental for productive reasons, not just to seem superior on a Taiwanese rope skipping academy.
>>
>>65746695
Your first two points are too retarded to even grace with a response so moving on, also I probably prefer a lot of pop to hospice or any comparable album...also I've been posting on this website for just under five years and have long moved beyond the prospect of impressing anyone. At this point I just putz around and argue with people arbitrarily. Anyway, relax
>>
>>65746904
*so I'll be moving on

I kept rereading that like "what the hell" haha
>>
>>65746904
>Your first two points are too retarded to even grace with a response
good, because they're not points, I'm just attacking you
>also I've been posting on this website for just under five years
And I've been around for much longer, good job.
> At this point I just putz around and argue with people arbitrarily
and that's fine, but telling someone to be careful how they present themselves because their taste might make them look like they're "in high school" is just retarded. Like, fuck you, who cares?
>>
>>65747032
I mean you evidently care

Also I wasn't competing with you on how long I've been here, that was more like a "well that's just where I'm at" type thing
>>
>>65747063
I care because there are lots of other people like you on here who do this same shit, where they pretend they are above others for inane reasons. I went after you because you sound like you have your head up your ass, it's really simple.
>>
>>65747204
Well your vigilante work sure put me in my place
>>
Haamoja

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D6qamveKBrw

It's basically AAL combined with Final Fantasy music and 90s talkshow theme smooth jazz
>>
>>65745720
Bongripper
Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.