[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3
File: 600x600bb.jpg (76 KB, 600x597) Image search: [Google]
600x600bb.jpg
76 KB, 600x597
>>
>Who's Soulja Boy? And what in the heck is that dance?
>>
>>65740757
(YOOOUUUUUUUUU)
>>
>>65740757
She got a DONK
>>
Where is Soulja? Is he like a billionaire or a homeless crackhead right now?
>>
File: (you).gif (1005 KB, 400x224) Image search: [Google]
(you).gif
1005 KB, 400x224
>>65740946
NOW WATCH ME
>>
>>65741056
>People unironically thought this was cool

Were the early 2000s one of the most awkward time periods of all time?
>>
>>65741138
>late 90's aesthetics leaking and lingering in the 00's
>pop-punk going top 40
>birth of metalcore
>10's pop-rap, only much, much worse
the 2000's in general will go down in memory as the most cringe inducing decade
>>
>>65741138
>>65741225
also
>MTV-approved counter-culture post-9/11 aesthetics
>>
>>65741225
>>10's pop-rap, only much, much worse

nah 2000s rap was a lot better than the trap shit we have today.

>inb4 tips fedora
>>
>>65741051
He's still making a lot of music (although no one really cares) and he's still rich.

He's been wise with his money I guess.
>>
>>65741295
2000s pop rap had a lot of shit (This Is Why I'm Hot) but also some great tracks.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zJOeXh6HyvU
>>
>>65741295
thing is you can argue that 10's pop-rap is at least somewhat self-aware. 00's pop-rap doesn't have that same luxury.
>>
I never understood why everyone called Soulja a one hit wonder.

Dude had hits for days in his prime.

Crank That
Bird Walk
Donk
Kiss Me Thru The Phone
Turn My Swag On
Pretty Boy Swag
Zan With That Lean
Zan With That Lean 2
>>
>>65741327
This is the best ever hook on a mainstream rap song desu.

So damn catchy. Literally makes the song. Fabo's rapping is nothing special but Dream fucking killed it.
>>
>>65740757
the practitioner of proto-memerap

fuck lil b. soulja boy was ahead of his time, a pioneer of the avant-garde
>>
File: image.jpg (42 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
42 KB, 300x300
The true father of rap
>>
>>65741364

yeah but 2000s pop-rap had Eminem and Lil Wayne at their peak, and also early Kanye

I mean there's a lot of great stuff now but besides Kendrick Lamar most of the stuff that's super popular is absolute garbage (Fetty Wap, Future, Desiigner, etc.)
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.