[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/2pac/ general
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1
File: tp1.jpg (142 KB, 500x658) Image search: [Google]
tp1.jpg
142 KB, 500x658
why does rap continue after So Many Tears?
it covers everything that needs to be said about the problems in the black community and gives rap an avenue that could give it poetic credibility, yet no one except Nas continued what Pac set up to make rap an actual artform.

Objectively the best rap song of all time for the perspective of a black male in the ghetto, tell me why you support the other shit, are you white and don't understand? fucking whitey, vote Trump I hate minorities
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H5-i-UDKAsE
>>
Genuine question: how come no-one seems to give a shit that he got done for first-degree sexual abuse?
>>
>>65724271
was it before the whole thug life part of his career?
because he was borderline feminist early in his life, but the second half of his career he was a brainwashed black power faggot screaming thug life. So who cares.
>>
>>65724231
I don't like that song
>>
Thoughts on the song by Tupac's son in support of Donald Trump?

https://soundcloud.com/tupacson2016/2pacs-son-fuck-hillary-clinton-trump16-original-mix
>>
Ever since the fucking hologram back in like 2012 it's become trendy to hate on him to seem "hip" or music-smart regarding hip-hop, when it's nobody's fault that hordes of mentally retarded children started liking him then.

Even if he is massively overrated, the counter-movement of hating on him has totally outdone the support for him in the scene completely. The only thing he's good for now is a whack new rapper recycling one of his old verses and pasting it onto a trap beat which will cause it to sound off-tempo but "dude it's tupac's acapella, who cares if it sucks on this shitty beat".

And all that is just the tip of the iceberg. Listen, the fact that an artist is overrated doesn't make him any less good at all. He was an amazing artist, performer, and lyricist. Objectively speaking.
>>
>>65725319
>>65724231
If you weren't brainless college students you'd realize Trump isn't actually racist
>>
>>65724231

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s7AXBLQBAWQ
>>
>>65725768
>Niggas talk a lot of shit / but that's after I'm gone / cause they fear me in my physical form
>>
>>65724271
why should anyone give a shit?
>>
>>65724231
That's not how art works. You can't just close the book on an art form. He may have stated the issues in the community, but that's to say nothing about the other aspects of rap like flow, rhythm, tone, wordplay. That disregards the greats like Big L, Big Pun, Mobb Deep essentially saying they brought nothing to the game.
>>
>>65725740
He deserves to be taken down a peg. I can't say that for Jay, Eminem, Nas or BIG, no matter how overrated they are, though, because their qualities are less difficult to argue in favor of. They all have phenomenal flows. rhyme schemes and vocal deliveries; 2Pac does not, however.
I vehemently disagree with the assertion that his lyrics were amazing as well.
Why can't I have this viewpoint?
>>
>>65726396
because it's seen as dishonouring the dead
>>
>>65726396
I don't really care for your viewpoint desu, never said you couldn't have it, I merely pointed out what's true and what is not in my post.
>>
>>65727001
Chuck D had a revolutionary sound, Common was less divisive and Kendrick wrote songs about black hypocrisy. History and /mu/ will be kind to those extremely mainstream artists (my mom knows these people ffs) because of this. Pac has nothing to set him apart from the other "conscious" rappers besides the "he was popular at the time" thing and the "dude west coast lmao" thing.
It's "trendy" (on /mu/) because we're the only people who would dare point out that a dead guy's lyrics were contradictory and uninformed.
>>
>>65727633
Putting Kendrick fucking Lamar over Tupac in ANY context proves your opinion about Hip-Hop as instanly plastic and therefore invalid. No matter how MASSIVELY hyped Kendrick is, or has been for the last couple of years, his worthless music is nothing but a foul mix of recycled SJW black-power bullcrap (only people with white-guilt would take his message for relevant, important, or even serious; which I find VERY sad), a horrible voice and stagnant flow, and his production is a low quality SHIT-tier copy of James Brown's worst b-side records. I don't care how hard the record companies try to buy reviewers and websites all over to put that no-life up on a pedestal up with the greats, but he is NOTHING compared to them.

I'm done with this pointless discussion, since trying to present my opposite opinion as a plausible point of view on this hive-mentality, circle-jerking board that /mu/ is, and has always been, is as effective as pouring a glass of milk against tidal waves to prevent a tsunami.

Bad riddance, brainwashed fan.
>>
>>65726396
he had a very unique voice and his delivery was excellent, 2pac made some of the darkest hip hop of his time and no one came close to his deep subconscious atmosphere, even in his so called party record All Eyez On Me you just can't neglect his overall dark atmosphere, I personally love that, he was also basically gangster Shakespeare that had songs that range from sadness to a celebration of life to the philosophical thoughts of a gangster to social criticism etc etc, if you don't understand why 2pac is considered to be a legend and how much he influenced hip hop you are a major pleb.
>>
All about u is a gud song.
>>
>>65727715
Please kill yourself
>>
>>65729324
no u
>>
>>65729324
no u
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.