[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Just realized I suck at making music. Any musicians out there
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 3
File: image.jpg (121 KB, 552x364) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
121 KB, 552x364
Just realized I suck at making music. Any musicians out there facing the same hopeless problem?
>>
[artist you like]
>>
>>65724145
That's actually really comforting thanks anon
>>
what is your approach to making music?
>>
How did you realize it?
>>
>>65724168
I have two synthesizers and a drum machine. I usually start with a four bar chord loop on one then mess around on the other
>>
>tfw you write some songs you like
>tfw realize you only have like 4 or 5
>tfw it takes months to come up with a single good one
>tfw you get sick of hearing your own music after trying to perfect it
>>
>>65724183
I hate everything I make.
>>
you're supposed to just enjoy the process of making music

sometimes you gotta just make shit cause you like making shit, regardless of how highly you'd want to rate it or whatever
>>
>>65724235
Yeah, lately it's lost its charm and just feels like a chore now.
>>
>>65724114
i know this feel too well. i've been making music for 10 years now. saw a tiny bit of commercial success doing EDM and then realized this year what a shallow and uninteresting genre of music it is. so i got music licensed for some fairly popular tv series but it hasnt aired yet so i dunno how much im really gonna see from it. and now everyone knows my name as some bullshit edm rando and i dont know how long it will take to both:
1. make a name for myself as a respectable figure and
2. re-learn how to make music

fucking kill me
>>
>>65724245
that's when you try something new, try a new technique, detune everything and make it all weird and work with that instead, challenge yourself, try out a guitar or bass or something, work exclusively with a glitchy drum machine.

also is anyone willing to tell me about how shitty my music is?
https://soundcloud.com/toothcreature
>>
File: art.jpg (252 KB, 1024x1372) Image search: [Google]
art.jpg
252 KB, 1024x1372
>>65724114
also, i'm sure most everyone feels the same way, and even when you suck but you still keep going, that's how you know you have something and you care, and that something in you has ideas and you still want to convey yourself to the world, and for me it comes and goes, the frustration.
>>
>>65725669
i made it 20 seconds into a song and got really bored with it then closed the tab
>>
>>65724114
Try learning about it, or give up.
>>
I've been making shitty music forever and simply learned to enjoy making shitty music and basically stop trying.
>>
>>65725814
lel nice
>>
>>65724114
me, that why I made the change to noise.
>>
>>65725814
this is correct though.
when i started playing music i was worried about making "good" music but now i just write songs about how lonely my friends are to make fun of them
are they trash ?
yes but i'm having a good time
>>
>>65724195
So basically you can't play an instrument? No shit you suck at making music.
>>
>>65725669
Not bad mate....I like it.
>>
>>65727337
This

Learn something.
>>
No I'm very good actually
>>
I suck at mastering and shit...even though I have good ideas in mind....I don't end up making it sound like I imagined it would.
>>
>>65728181
soundcloud?
>>
>>65724114
Try playing with other people. If you know someone who sort of knows what they are doing it can be fun. Then at least you'll be having fun I guess.
>>
>>65727326
haha sounds like my shit, most of my lyrics are based on RYM reviews and P4k reviews and how they have no self awareness, basically just taking the piss out of music reviews.
>>
>>65725641
1: learn saxophone
2: incorporate sax sound into existing work
3: phase out existing work from your new sax music
>>
File: 04c013.gif (24 KB, 240x180) Image search: [Google]
04c013.gif
24 KB, 240x180
>>65724114
anon why don't you link us some of your work. Sometimes we criticize our own work if it doesn't surpass our original expectations. Take it to the people, and let us decide if your as much as a failure as you think you are
>>
>>65724215
just put your music out their not all artist like the music or art they make sometimes where our own worst critics
dont quit keep working on it
>>
Just make shitty noise instead.
Plebs cant tell the difference!
>>
I didn't play music for like 6 months. however, I listened to a shit ton of new music, went through a depression. I came back to it. Holy shit, completely revitalized how I make music. Thing is, though, you REALLY gotta listen. analyze the aspects, the patterns, ups and downs, rhythms, not in a scholarly way, but just try to absorb it
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.