[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Thoughts?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 1
File: 51q5whF41IL._SS500-compressed.jpg (58 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
51q5whF41IL._SS500-compressed.jpg
58 KB, 500x500
First Clipping in 2 years
>>
Great.
>>
Garbage
>>
>>65723210
meme trash
>>
First Clipping I've heard, I definitely enjoyed it
>>
>>65723210
i fucking hate daveed diggs's voice and lyrics so fucking much
>>
Really good.
>>65723290
idk what you are on about m8, at least he enunciates.
>>
>>65723290
>lyrics so fucking much

Why? Did his gender-neutral stance on sexuality triggered you?
>>
Lyrically boring for the most part
>>
>>65723535
you didn't like the juxtaposition of hot fuck no love with our time?
>>
>>65723210
>appropriating black metal/noise imagery
>>
>>65723210
Death Grips knockoff
>>
The title track was definitely the highlight for me, it wasn't bad but I thought the production was definitely a step down from the last release. Rapping & lyrics were still on point, but the beats just weren't as creative. Might have to give it a few more listens to pick up on any subtleties I might've missed the first time.
>>
>>65723484
>at least he enunciates.
*tips fedora*
>>65723505
how far up your own ass did you have to reach to pull this implication out of it? i dont know shit abotu his stance on sexuality, i just think everything he says is contrived which doesnt help the piss poor writing.
>>
>>65723505
reaching
>>
>>65723210
i always wanted to hear a juke remix of wriggle like a fucking eel
>>
>>65723290
This
I like their production, but his corny ass voice ruins it completely
>>
>>65723210
Disappointed
>>
What the fuck

This shit goes so hard, that Cakes feat is great too
>>
>>65723581
Definitely re listen. Shooter really grew on me.
>>
>>65723210
terrible
>>
>>65723210
it was about a 6/10 for me
production was disappointing especially on the tail end.
>>
>>65723866
b-but those footwork influences :/
>>
>>65723968
It can be "influenced" from whatever, but that doesnt mean it actually does something good or new with it.

I liked shooter, really liked Back Up, title track had cool samples but some of those synths and rhythms were weak. and the last 2 tracks were really weak and forgetable. a big part of it is just how personally i hate that "late 90s synth preset" sound that you really hear on Hot Fuck

also the drums. Clipping has been fantastic before on how they do rhythms, not using actual drums and just using samples. It was a rule for them in making music actually. But they don't do that on the last half of the songs here and it really hurts. Not as unique and creative.
>>
>>65723968
>It can be "influenced" from whatever, but that doesnt mean it actually does something good or new with it.

cosigned.
>>
>>65724038
>>65724294
fair enough, I liked it though. Couldn't articulate why, but I enjoyed the sounds,.
>>
i didn't listen to it yet
so are they like outtakes or like an actually good release?

>>65724405
>Couldn't articulate why
boi u better figure out how
>>
>>65724460
eh... I got enjoyment out of it. Presonally, I enjoyed the noise cuts on Our Time. Also the concept of hot fuck no love resonates with me.
>>
I liked Wriggle and the opener. I liked Shooter at first too, but after a few more listens I kind of fell off with it. The other tracks were good too, but the only song I'd really revisit is wriggle because of that chopped and skewed White House sample.
>>
>>65723210
By far their best
>>
desu i'm a big fan of daveed's singing on our time
>>
Better than CLPPNG
Worse than Midcity

It's a good return to form at least. I thought they were doomed after getting signed to Sub Pop.
>>
>>65723589
>contrived
in what way?
>>
>>65725674
go to bed dave
>>
tfw borg gets a mad flick
>>
title track is cool
>>
Sounds fine to me, honestly
I don't listen to much hip-hop and am a fan of Daveed so that's probably why
Still, very good
Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.