[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is this actually good or is it just a meme?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
Is this actually good or is it just a meme?
>>
>>65721653
I'm gonna guess both.
>>
If you like showtunes/musicals you might like it but if you like hip hop you'll probably hate it a lot
>>
>>65721653
It's good if you like rap battles from history. Basically a triple album's worth of that
>>
Meme
>>
>>65721707
basically this

its kinda fun, but the songs are pretty lame
>>
If you think it's good, you're an adult.
If you think it's a meme, you're too young to be posting here.
>>
I'm not a showtunes/musical at all, but my girlfriend introduced me to this.

The lyrics are phenomenal. The research done on the characters is phenomenal. The rapping is pretty phenomenal (it has Daveed Diggs, come on).
The musical and its soundtrack do an incredible job of capturing not just the life of Alexander Hamilton, but also snippets of Aaron Burr, Jefferson, and Washington as well. The album ties in many of the issues they faced at the time with issues we face today.

This album has catapulted Hamilton back into the public consciousness, right where he should be.

If you're an edgy contrarian who doesn't like things because they are popular, avoid this album. If you have an interest in history, well-composed music, or just a well-told, emotional story, this album is for you.
>>
You need to follow the story. If you just rely on the raw musical content it's pretty shit. But the writing in tandem with it makes a complete package.
>>
>>65721653
It is super >feels and has a great story.

Really the songs aren't amazing but its disney does hiphop.

I love the story and feels so I liked it.
>>
I love this album.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.