[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Let's settle this once and for all /mu/: Do psychoactive
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
File: lsd_blotter_grey2.jpg (93 KB, 327x553) Image search: [Google]
lsd_blotter_grey2.jpg
93 KB, 327x553
Let's settle this once and for all /mu/: Do psychoactive drugs truly enhance the ability to write good music?
>>
No, they cripple it by ruining your capacity to tell good from bad compositions because everything you shit out is the new best thing ever, and noodling ensues.
>>
>>65715782
i think the best evidence against that idea is this piece of shit
>>
>>65715782
Maybe they could if used correctly.
>>
>>65715833
pretty much this. maybe they can help you with creative block or come up with new concepts for music after the fact, but creating music while on drugs? I don't think so.
>>
>>65716064
'Something is helpful if it helps you.'
>>
>>65716146
There you go.
>>
Brian tried

But really, drugs only cripple good songwriters.
>>
You tell me:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TuJqUvBj4rE
>>
Some drugs are mostly helpful, some are harmful, some can be a mix.

First off, you do need fundamental talent and good taste. Without that, drugs will probably just make your music even more of a garbled mess.

But with good fundamentals, the doors to creativity can really open up. From my own experience, weed will make me come up with terrible shit 70% of the time, and surprisingly great shit 30% of the time.

Nootropics, racetams in particular, definitely increase my ability to write songs without making me feel high. And amphetamine can sometimes be good, but it definitely makes you hyperfocus way too much.

I think all musicians should at least give drugs a fair try, and see if they can work them into some of their sessions. Key is just to use responsibly and infrequently.

>>65715833
Write high, edit sober.
>>
Only heroin truly helps
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.