[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Meme
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 5
File: image.jpg (55 KB, 300x298) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
55 KB, 300x298
Was this album made to fuck with pretentious assholes?
>>
>>65702843
No. It's just the ultimate form of creative expression taken to the extreme. You don't have to like it if you are unable to appreciate it, but don't discredit those who do.
>>
doubt it
I don't like it, but they were able to play the songs live note for note
that's simply too much dedication to dismiss the music as an elaborate prank
>>
>>65702866
Also, you are aware Beefheart and his band put out more albums than just that one masterpiece, correct?
>>
>>65702873
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LpHgG4jILa0
the guy looks like he'll feed you his ears if you played one note wrong
>>
>>65702866
Op here, im listening to it and i love it but im trying understand it is hilarious to me. Mirror man and safe as milk is good too...
>>
>>65702957
That alto sax
>>
>>65702876
Are his other album cryptic or strange as trout mask replica? I sometimes thought about getting into Beefheart, but the thought of being constantly bored and confused by him is off putting.
>>
Oh look, it's THIS thread again.
>>
>>65702993
it's a soprano sax you idiot
>>
>>65703000
Safe as milk is pretty good if ur just getting into beefheart... Listen to music instead of listening to /mu/sic
>>
File: image.png (323 KB, 750x1334) Image search: [Google]
image.png
323 KB, 750x1334
>>65703011
You're an idiot
>>
>>65703039
the register you tonedeaf asshole
it's clearly a soprano
>>
File: image.png (445 KB, 354x458) Image search: [Google]
image.png
445 KB, 354x458
>>65703057
>>
>>65703000
>Are his other album cryptic or strange as trout mask replica?
That depends on your outlook on them, but as suggested here: >>65703026 don't take anyone's word for it, try music out yourself!

Regardless, you should know that all of his work is heavily based on psychodelia and exploring new musical territories, but if this is something you enjoy, I'd suggest to go for it!
>>
File: 6137261.0.png (391 KB, 800x1330) Image search: [Google]
6137261.0.png
391 KB, 800x1330
>>65703097
Post more please. I want to build a "you can't smack my shit I'm behind a computer" folder for when I start radicalizing peaceful brown people with my harsh rhetoric.
>>
>>65703126
I just came here to talk about beefheart, man :(
>>
>>65703057
carmela could you please shut the door
>>
>>65703136
Hahaha fuck
>>
>>65702866
As a musician, I can really appreciate this album in a unique way. Most people don't ''hear'' or pay attention to individual instruments. There's poly-rhythms, great slide guitar are great sax work. I wanted to say that's it's highly unlikely that a person who isn't a musician can really get this album to ''click''.
>>
>>65703600
I dunno about that. Perhaps it's more common among musicians, but even among them this album fails to click nearly every time.
>>
>>65703600
yes totally

but i think this album just clicks more with artists who make INTERESTING and unique music.

i personally make my own music and it has inspired be to write some incredible stuff. musicians who write the average beatles rip off song or top 40 trash wont get it no matter how much they pretend.
>>
>>65703600
I'm great at the music thing too but I still don't get it. What do sick sax solos and poly rhythms have to do with lipstick Kleenexes and nocturnal fat people?
>>
>>65704636
That's bull. Trout Mask Replica always sounded to me like an incredibly tryhard musician just doing things in wacky polyrhythms for their own sake and not for any better purpose. When King Crimson use weird-ass time signatures and polyrhythms, it usually serves the song. Trout just sounds like a mess, a garbled mess that sounds entirely improvised in a bad way, and I know it's all extensively rehearsed. ELP-like wank but without the buffoonish grandiosity.

I still enjoy me some Beefheart, just not this particular (if you ask me) mess of an album.
>>
>>65702843
It's just a blues rock album that was written unconventionally. Nothing pretentious about it, you can tell by the lyrics that it doesn't take itself very seriously.

Quit being a pleb and assuming all music that's difficult is some kind of prank that only you have caught on to.
>>
>>65704922
Which albums do you like better? Safe as Milk? It's not really ''weird'' per se, in my opinion.
>>
>>65704934
Could you recommend some other ''weird'' bands or albums you like?
>>
>>65705008
Not that anon but here's some of mine
Melt banana
Animal collective
Talking heads
>>
>>65704922
are you musician?

if not then shut up you don't know what your talking about. stick to bowie and oasis that drivel should be more up to speed for you
>>
>>65705482
This desu
>>
>>65705482
I don't think he'll reply.
>>
>>65705482
what a fucking asshole. no wonder you´re browsing 4chan.
>>
>>65705391
>weird
>anco
>talking heads
>>
>>65705482
>only musicians know about music theory
got em senpai
Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.