[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Now that the dust has settled and I've listened to it over
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3
Now that the dust has settled and I've listened to it over 25 times, what do you guys think?

Personally, I'm blown away by this album. It seems to take so much away from their other albums without being alike. I don't understand how this band can continue to much such great music from such different perspectives.

>Favorite Track

Present Tense

>Runner Up

True Love Waits

OKC (10/10)>Kid A=Amnesiac=AMSP(9.8/10) >IR>The Bends>>HTTF=TKOL(9.1)>>>>PH(5/10)
>>
>Didn't like it that much on the first listen.
>REALLY enjoyed it by the 6th listen
>Not that keen on it after the 15th listen.

It's got some good moments to it but there doesn't seem to be enough substance to make it anywhere as good as In Rainbows. Still miles better than The King of Limbs though, so at least they're moving in the right direction.
>>
bland and blurry folky songs with some synths here and there, it does have some great moments th
7/10
the worst thing about this album was Thom Yorke... what the fuck happened to your voice dude
>>
Like the album, but not many great songs, it averages around 6.5-7 at most, I'd probably give it a 7-7.5. Glass Eyes is Radiohead's best track, though, fight me.
>>
>>65683615
I like the way he's taken his voice, it doesn't have the same presence and strength as it used to, but it's arguably more expressive. His cadence on Glass Eyes is just crushing, it's so close to speech, it's very uncomfortable.
>>
>>65683694
well, the present tense sounds fantastic i give you that
>>
>>65683600
I didn't really like it at all first go through, then I started noticing little unexplainable things I pick out and enjoy a lot. The more I listen to songs like Daydreaming the better and more complex it gets. Going off of what >>65683615 said, I think Thom's voice is absolutely perfect on this track and the rest of the album. He never sounds out of place on these songs, they cater to an obviously aging voice.
>>
File: 1456335154923.gif (2 MB, 540x540) Image search: [Google]
1456335154923.gif
2 MB, 540x540
>listen to this in a comfy misty morning
>have mystical experience
>>
>>65683882
that pairs up well with the bloops in daydreaming.
>>
>>65683615
I think his voice sounds fine. It's definitely aged but instead of trying to sing the way he used to and failing, he's singing differently to use it to the best of his ability. Whether that new style is your cup of tea or not is another story of course, but I like it and would rather him sing like that than aim for his old voice and sound like shit.
>>
File: 1461433461859.jpg (132 KB, 1600x900) Image search: [Google]
1461433461859.jpg
132 KB, 1600x900
comfy/10 beautiful and scary at times but not too many great songs, KoL was better in my opinion... and i know i'm the only one who says that
>>
7/10, thought it was In Rainbows tier but it's gone down slightly from that. It could get there again, though, and I'm ecstatic that they managed to pull off a 7/10 kind of record again, was expecting another TKOL. Though admittedly that's grown on me.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.