[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
yoko ono is more interesting than anything any of the beatles
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 5
yoko ono is more interesting than anything any of the beatles ever did.
Prove me wrong
Tip: You cant.
>>
MODS MODS MODS
>>
what is that
>>
>>65680083
u-ummm
>>
what's goin on in that picture
>>
Ignore the picture faggots. Pay attention to my objectively correct opinion.
>>
>>65680173
No
>>
>>65680173
What's in the picture?
>>
>>65680083
that's a dog being skinned
>>
>>65680101
>>65680115
>>65680120
>>65680125

Alright ya niggers, lets not get distracted with OP's image.

>yoko ono
>interesting

The context of interesting is really debatable, what really constitute of being interesting is up to debate however given examples:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HdZ9weP5i68

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h9kgu71d81U

These can be seen as interesting but may look as just being pretentious to some. So it can be said that Yoko's talent is more of gaining attention because of her screaming and being affiliated with John Lemon rather than the raw talent she has compared to the Beatles.

So in other words is she interesting? Yes, but not in a positive context.
>>
>>65680083
>than anything any of the beatles ever did
pretty sure john did her so your point is moot

also what's in that picture
>>
>>65680210
not really though...
>>
her first husband made amazing music but that's all she has going
>>
File: 1453643145307.jpg (14 KB, 552x539) Image search: [Google]
1453643145307.jpg
14 KB, 552x539
>>65680083
>>
>>65680216
Adding to this, here's another example of Yoko being 'interesting'

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PHSE-HpIkz0

Also if mods delete this thread, you guys are being fuckheads. I'm discussing music here so don't take that away.
>>
STOP ASKING ABOUT THE FUCKING PICTURE.
>>
>>65680269
they should just delete the image, they've done that with 2edgy metal albums before
>>
>>65680283
what is it tho
>>
Ono is a mediocre (at best) avant-garde artist. She didn't have any real songwriting abilities, so she turned to pretentiousness and controversy to fuel her career. Anything noteworthy that she was a participant in was driven by Lennon's talent.

On the other hand, John and Paul were/are both incredibly talented songwriters and elevated pop music through extensive studio experimentation. George was a fairly talented songwriter too, even if his ideas only came to fruition on one studio album (albeit a great one) and a handful of Beatles songs.
>>
>>65680210
Looks more like a deer or something than a dog. Family hunting trip?
>>
MODS wake up you pieces of shit
>>
>>65680322
Funny thing is, I remember back long ago on this board that people here were praising on Yoko's talent and The Beatles, even without her presences were already doom to break up. I don't know but I'm glad to see your post on this shithole of a board.
>>
>>65680322
This. Thread over.
>>
>>65680083
me on the floor
>>
>>65680322
Has anyone done what she tried, but better? I know her 'style' is basically yelling incoherently, but I'm curious on ways it could be done well.
>>
>>65680470
Joanna Newsom?
>>
File: p4kono.png (57 KB, 541x401) Image search: [Google]
p4kono.png
57 KB, 541x401
>>65680405
>>
>>65680545
She also had John assassinated.
>>
>>65680545
And was a cunt to her stepson.
>>
>>65680216
All shedoes is scream. And make funny noises. In terms of expression and art its amazing but its not music. Its raw essense and pioneering at that, no one can scream in a similar fashion without being compared to ono.
>>
File: 1370326476706.gif (497 KB, 499x207) Image search: [Google]
1370326476706.gif
497 KB, 499x207
>>65680603
>>
>>65680603
>In terms of expression and art its amazing
>no one can scream in a similar fashion without being compared to ono

That's the thing, I personally find the quality of art has being reduced to a bunch of nonsense that people praised for it because it is done by someone famous. If you and I were to do that in public without any support from a relevant group, we will be seen as crazy. But she gets the green flag other than her critics.
>>
>>65680673
Such is the Rothko effect.
http://www.businessinsider.com/afp-rothko-painting-sells-for-46.5-million-in-ny-auction-2015-5
>>
>>65680710
You can shit on plenty of artists for that, but a lot of technical expertise went into Rothko's paintings to where they actually do look amazing in person through their detail.
>>
>>65680750
Sure his work was interesting and continues to be influential, but $46.5 million dollars for a painting with two slabs of color shows how unfairly art is valued by the community and elite just because it's made by someone popular.
>>
>>65680750
>technical expertise
Like what? Care to elaborate?

Isn't the whole 'abstract' movement suppose to be a big fuck you to the renainsance peroid and to what constitute good taste or not? Seems to be its like these abstract artists are just trying to be edgy and with a stroke of luck and with the help of some people with similar ideologies manage to push these works into the public consciese and fooling us into thinking that such works are masterpiece.

Its like those pretentious twats that stare on abstract paintings of color fields in musuems and such and trying to find 'meaning' and 'interpretation' when there is no artistic expression or narrative other than the whole old cliche of 'up to the audience's own intrepretation'.
>>
File: Malevich.black-square.jpg (41 KB, 820x812) Image search: [Google]
Malevich.black-square.jpg
41 KB, 820x812
>>65680849
I don't like that it's being made into a consumer item either, but that's more about how shitty the art industry is now than the art itself. It would be unfair to judge his work by that.

>>65680935
I mean there was some stuff like pic related with the sole purpose of doing that, but there was also plenty of stuff that really did want to experiment and push boundaries in ways that traditional art forms wouldn't allow. It's kind of like the difference between Yoko Ono and an actual good avant-garde artist.

http://www.webexhibits.org/colorart/abstract-expressionism.html

>Ideally, the viewer would stand in front of his paintings, focusing on large fields of color and abstract forms, and come to terms with the self and his or her own scale. Colorfield painters believe that art could encourage the physical sensation of time and being there with the work.

Call it bullshit if you want, but it is an attempt.
>>
>>65680083
Yoko did nothing wrong
>>
>>65680360
Does a dead deer trigger you that much pussy?
>>
>>65682218
This is a blue board, if you want to be edgy please go back to >>>/b/

We get it that highschool is tough but there is no need for such words
Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.