[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Post bad habits you have while creating your own music. Compositionally,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (30 KB, 287x266) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
30 KB, 287x266
Post bad habits you have while creating your own music. Compositionally, live performance settings, producing etc

>get idea for theme to expand upon in a few songs
>start writing then record
>about 75% done over maybe two weeks of work
>here new music that makes me excited and get new ideas for collection of songs
>abandon previous project to work on new material
>wash rinse and repeat

I really need to work on sticking to things and seeing them through to fruition
>>
>>65679363
yeah i know, that's so common, it's like why even bother posting? does it make you feel special?
>>
Since when any of us create our own music?

Since when any of us care about music?
>>
everything ends up being in the key of A, even when i try specifically to avoid it
>>
If i'm making electronic music, I keep adding more and more instrumentation on the track, which leads it to being incredibly hard to sound good in a mix
>>
>>65679396
Nothing to add to the conversation, why even bother posting
>>
>>65679428
because i want to make you feel bad, fucking scum
>>
>>65679450
Very rude poste

This is nice board, remember
>>
>>65679450
At least I make music and recognize my flaws so I can try to be a better musician

I love you anon
>>
>>65679481
Ignore that anon, just keep trying and don't give up and whenever you feel like giving up, do something positive and uplifting.
>>
>>65679363
I work in loops too much, hinders my ability to hear how a part should progress.

Another problem i have is i'll have 1 or 2 awesome ideas for sections in a song but i can't get a third/fourth.

Generally I have trouble linking parts together
>>
>>65679496
t-thanks

>>65679481
y-yes i'm sorry
NOT
HAHAHAHAHAH
>>
Going with a lofi aesthetic cause I can't be arsed to buy a nice mic
>>
>>65679552
Practice baby. You can teach yourself fluidity.

I have this thing where I'll have an amazing concept and the music to go with it but no lyrical content.
I mean I'll have the entire composition sorted and have the instrumentation and progression to go with the story or the emotion or the image I want to make but can't do the lyrics.
I attribute it to laziness but I dunno maaaan.
>>
>>65679746
Also I fall into the trap of using too many major7's and relying on downward chromatic chordal progressions (Emin Ebmaj7 Dmin7 Dmaj7 Cmaj7) etc
>>
>>65679746
i never understood why composers often have other people write their lyrics until i started doing music
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.