[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Turns out Elliott Smith and Chris Slusarenko performed once
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1
File: Devo Smith.jpg (20 KB, 470x242) Image search: [Google]
Devo Smith.jpg
20 KB, 470x242
Turns out Elliott Smith and Chris Slusarenko performed once in Devo tribute band back in 1994

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ml2ddk2oz2E
>>
Tribute bands are so fucking cringe worthy
I mean, I can understand maybe doing a tribute set to a band you like and respect, but forming an actual tribute band? Utter cringe.
>>
>>65677711
It's a one off show by a bunch of friends who had their own bands. Do you also cringe at covers you autist?
>>
>>65677889
>Do you also cringe at covers you autist?

I said I can understand one off tribute sets, you fucking retard. I was talking about people who actually make careers out of being in a tribute band, like Mini Kiss or Lez Zeppelin
>>
>>65678143
What relevance is that in this thread you mongoloid? Elliott Smith wasn't in a tribute band that toured.
>>
>>65678193
Are you literally retarded? It has relevance to the thread in that it's a tribute band. It is cringe worthy and tryhard to dress up and pretend to be another band.
>>
>>65677711
Saying something is "cringe worthy" or makes you cringe is not valid criticism. That's a problem with your body and does not affect what exists.
>>
>>65679220

You could say that about every feeling related to music.
>>
>>65679267
this isn't about music you imbecile
>>
/mu/
>>
>>65679173
And yet you just fucking said:

>I said I can understand one off tribute sets, you fucking retard. I was talking about people who actually make careers out of being in a tribute band

Are you not aware that Elliott Smith was in Heatmiser, had a successful solo career that included an Oscar appearance? That Chris Slusarenko was in Guided by Voices, Sprinkler and other bands. That Sam Coomes was in Quasi.

You're both butthurt that these established musicians did a one off concert for shits and giggles and you're apparently okay with "one off tribute sets."

Could you make up your mind you fucking mouth breathing mong? I mean both your positions are fucking retarded but they're contradictory as well.
>>
>>65679366

Feelings can still be a criticism relating to a tribute band. Actually most criticisms are based on feelings. Especially if it's about liking or disliking things. You don't have to agree with it, after all you're entitled to your opinion.
>>
>>65677326
Hey this is pretty good! Not cringe at all.
>>
>>65679409
I feel bad for OP. Probably just wanted to share something sorta neat, got pure autism instead.
>>
>>65680825
This is why mu can't have nice things
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.