[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Gay Music?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2
File: unicornbatty.jpg (32 KB, 367x550) Image search: [Google]
unicornbatty.jpg
32 KB, 367x550
so, I was listening to the #pride playlist in spotify, with the classic gay, pride songs, but I think, what makes a song gay?
what makes it into a gay anthem?
>>
>>65670177

we had this thread like yesterday, queer
>>
it's a totally (((natural))) phenomenon
>>
Lyrical content.
>>
>>65670177
if the lyrics are just "I'm a little boy, I like big cocks in my face and willies in my mouth and up my bum" repeated for 10 minutes over a pounding dance bassline, it might be a gay anthem.
>>
>>65670177
No idea, because all music is gay as fuck.
>>
>>65670191
well, I wasnt there, link me to the archive
>>65670219
>>65670238
but most of the classic gay songs arent about being gay
>>
It has to be sung by a diva and have music that resonates with pride, like "I will survive" or "I'm coming out" or "born this way". That's why Diana Ross, Gaga and all that are gay icons. Also it's a gay anthem if it's you can imagine a drag queen lip syncing it.

The real good gay music is shit like Chicago and Detroit House but plens like you won't understand.
>>
>>65670310
Chicago garage is perfect for getting DP'd to
>>
>>65670298
>but most of the classic gay songs arent about being gay

Now you're beginning to understand why homosexuality is a mental illness.
>>
>>65670391
It really is.
>>
File: image.jpg (26 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
26 KB, 300x300
>>65670440
You what?
>>
>>65670177
pwr bttms
toby foster
the cherry icees
flowers taped to pens
placebo
hot freaks
cakes the killa

pansy division if you like shitty self aware self parody.
>>
>>65670298
"Gay" song mostly started around 70s disco. Gay clubs listened to certain songs or remixed dance mixes for songs. I can't speak for other guys, but "gay song" always seemed like an outside distinction to me (with the obvious exception of songs by gays for gays).
>>
it depends on how gay you feel when you're listening to it

To me, Jolene is the gayest anthem
>>
>>65670177
anything by Death Grips
>>
>>65670238
top kek
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.