[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Jeff Buckley
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2
Any love for one of the greatest artists to ever walk the Earth?
>>
Not as good as his father and could never be.
>>
>>65662813
why compare them?
>>
File: VHA4f99f8_gary_lucas03.jpg (53 KB, 630x417) Image search: [Google]
VHA4f99f8_gary_lucas03.jpg
53 KB, 630x417
you mean this guy though, don't you?
>>
>>65663057
Ooooo. Some of the JB stuff without Gary is good. I think So Real might be my fav. And I think My Sweetheart the Drunk had some promising songs on it too.
>>
>>65662683
He's a very talented singer but most of the songs on that album aren't particularly memorable. Really sucks he only released one album.
>>
>>65663182
Gary is all over that entire record, though. He might not have gotten writing credit beyond Mojo and Grace, but he was a key part of the arranging and recording process.
>>
>>65662683
I always thought he looked vaguely like James Franco in this photo.
>>
>>65662899
Because it was what he had to live up to, he knew that. Jeff disliked his father not only because he left him, but because he had set the bar to high for Jeff. He even acknowledged that he got more and more similar to Tim as time went on.

If Jeff had been more open to the ideas Tim explored on his best records i.e Happy/Sad, Lorca and Starsailor, I think Jeff could have been just as good. Instead he became a cringy, angsty teenager.
>>
>>65663367
fuck off
>>
>>65663264

No he wasn't? He played guest lead guitar on Grace, but that's about the only direct involvement he had in the recording process.
>>
>>65663264
>>65665196

*He also played guitar on Mojo Pin. That's it.
>>
live at sin-e is incredible
>>
>>65663367
you're a fucking loser. just sayin
>>
Out of all young artist deaths his was easily the saddest. No tragic downfall, no murderer or drugs you could blame, just a tragic natural accident that cut short a musician with such amazing promise. I really feel like his best was yet to come, and that's saying something considering the quality of stuff he left.
>>
>>65663367

Jeff seemed as though he was venturing down a more experimental path with the second half of sketches for my sweetheart the drunk album (+ Bonus track Gunshot Glitter). He probably could have gotten to the same level as his father if he lived longer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gumW2QDeyD8&list=PLv7QP3h2m-ehhrKeDCvoUBzKe0O9N2CXc&index=15

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VyTGQdGIJyA
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.