[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
???
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1
File: hqdefault.jpg (9 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
9 KB, 480x360
Can someone please explain the appeal of Death Grips to me? I'm not trying to be offensive, but I just don't get the music. Please explain?
>>
it's not what you think let me explain
>>
it might be what you think let me explain
>>
The most fucking unstoppable group of the 21st century. Do NOT fuck with them.
>>
why are you home so early let me explain
>>
let me explain
>>
>>65645708
bit like Star Trekking or the Chicken song, joke band kind of thing
>>
Its a preference. In my opinion, I love the heaviness and Electronic cyberpunk/futuristic feel of the synths and instrumentation, and also MC Ride is an incredible writer, and dare I say... "Screamer" a lot of their music is very violent which is a plus for me because I love violent music. Also knowing how little they care about money is quite interesting. Also they're the only band I know of that can release an album a year and not run out of out of ideas or run dry. They're my favorite band and probably will be for a long time
>>
>>65645708
It's mostly for people who are already deep into industrial and other types of abrasive music.
>>
>>65645708
A lot of their music has catchy hooks (See Guillotine, I've Seen Footage, No Love, Get Got, Hacker, Spikes, I want it I need it, Say Hey Kid) with really interesting instrumentation. Some albums lean toward non-typical song structure too. The lyrics are at times disturbing and at other times hilariously ridiculous but all their music maintains roughly the same tone. Their public/internet persona is also pretty entertaining and their music videos have an artsy/low-budget charm to them.
>>
well they play super hard beats..... they have lots of bass and they have a hard as fuck vocals... it's so mental and violent and i feel it in my soul.... some say their meme grips but i think their GOAT grips if you get what that means,, basically the most cutting edge hip hop (not rap) of the 2010s....
>>
They're the only musical act playing music that's aggressive and forward thinking at the moment
I'm not into everything they've made, but when they get it right it feels like reckless abandon and letting yourself go in the digital age
>>
>>65647162
the ONLY one?
>>
>>65645708
Uhh, dunno how to break this to you but you need to skateboard to udnerstand it./.
>>
>>65645759
this
>>
>>65645708
aggressive art electronica / hip hop
its fairly unique and refreshing, even though it is harsh
>>
They make music and can give a shit less about the gimmicks that go along with it. They dont try hard to appear intellectual for avant teens, they dont remake the money store to appeal to memeing fantandrones, they dont make joke music to appeal to ween/cardiacs fans, and they dont make a lyrically obvious trap album to appeal to ktt kids. they just continue to progress how they please and do what they want regardless of label support, being dissed by trent reznor, /mu/ calling them a meme, fantano trying to make them uncool and whatever else would make a band start pandering or make dumb defensive social media posts. They dont make hip hop or punk or post industrial or nu metal, they just develop an idea until it sounds cool. That makes them the realest band since fugazi honestly
>>
>>65645708
1.) Agressive.
2.) The mind games they play with their audience sometimes.
>>
SPIKES SPIKES SPIKES SPIKES SPIKES
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.