[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Whose fault was this?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 90
Thread images: 5
File: image.jpg (27 KB, 316x316) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
27 KB, 316x316
Whose fault was this?
>>
>>65638511
Your's. Thanks a lot Anon
>>
Panda's and Geo's
>>
Geologist, of course
>>
Painting with is god tier

>Floridada
>Hocus Pocus
>The Burglars
>On Delay
>Bagels in Kiev
>Golden gal
>Recycling

Literal 9/10-10/10
>>
Deakin for blowing them the fuck out.
>>
I think it's really good. If you don't like it, that's OK, but I've listened to it at least once a week since it came out and it hasn't gotten boring yet.
>>
>>65638770
same man
especially since I started actually paying attention to the lyrics

It's just SO much fun to listen to
>>
>>65638511
Deakinsi he needs to quit the band already.
>>
Deak for not supervising.
>>
I'm assuming all the electronic fart noises are geo so him
>>
>>65638511
Theirs.
>>
File: 1393199130300.gif (1024 KB, 300x233) Image search: [Google]
1393199130300.gif
1024 KB, 300x233
>this thread
>>
>>65638704
unironically this, though it's more an 8/10 and my top list would be somewhat different. specifically, why the fuck did you forget Lying In The Grass anon?
>>
>>65639656

Lying in the grass is meh
>>
>>65639656
I think he was just going with it, shit sometimes gets left out ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
>>
>>65640190
it's like third best after The Burglars and On Delay ya dingus
>>65640196
apparently not
>>
File: 1404505836835.png (33 KB, 350x308) Image search: [Google]
1404505836835.png
33 KB, 350x308
>>65640205
>>
>>65638511
>implying it was a 'fault'
there are faults where it lies
it additionally created faults
but anon it is not a fault in itself
>>
Only songs I don't like are natty select and golden gal
Vertical, Spilling Guts, and Recycling are some of the best and most underrated tracks of 2016
>>
>>65638511
Painting With is very good. I unironically like its pure sweetness. 9/10 for me.
>>
>>65638511
Shit record, lacking in all dynamic, all highs and no lows = bad music. Does contain several god-tier tracks (FloriDada, Golden Gal) and works really well live though.
>>
>>65640594
>works really well live though

This so much. I became a fan of the album when I heard it live. Everyone should hear this album live man.
>>
File: Untitled.png (1 MB, 1000x1000) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
1 MB, 1000x1000
>>65639540
i second this.
>>
>>65640642
>>65640594
this is entirely true
I saw them live this week for the first time and had mixed feelings because I really wanted to see them, yet they were playing an album I didn't really like, but I loved it
>>
>>65640642
I'm >>65640430 and I thought that Natural Selection was deafening and hypnotic in the perfect way when I saw it live. And listening to golden gal with a hyped up crowd and all the boys giving it so much energy... and then Alvin Row, Bees, Loch Raven, Daily Routine... Yeah this tour was pretty perfect.
>>
>>65640759
>>65640779
I saw them this week (Friday) and I had to leave my place in the front (almost touching them) to lie down in the grass (still could see very well there) because the music started fucking with my head (in a good way). This is totally a live album, if you don't hear it in a live setting you won't get it.
>>
>>65640594
>>65640642
I heard this album live and it sucked ass I don't know what you guys are talking about. They play a song from Centipede Hz and it was easily the best song in their live set (as far as their performance goes).
>>
>>65640944
confirmed for being quite literally deaf, they haven't played anything from CHz and their live shows are great
>>
>>65640642
>>65640759
Glad to see other fans feel the same way. I bought tickets like 'eh might as well' because I'm really not a fan of PW but damn, it blew my mind.
>>65640944
Which CHz song did they play? Isn't that weird since Deakin was in that album? Are you sure your hearing is ok? Heh probably not since you claim you recently saw AnCo live and it was bad, lad : ^)
>>
>>65640594
>several god tier tracks
>floridada and golden gals
Kek
>>
>>65641196
Heh sorry you don't agree bud ;)
>>
>>65641065
They played Chz in Tulsa
>>
>>65641258
Which song?
>>
>>65641258
not according to setlist.fm
they did play a cover of Jimmy Mack by Martha and the Vandellas though
the only non-PW songs they've been playing this tour are
>Gnip Gnop
>Hounds of Bairro
>Daily Routine
>Loch Raven
>Bees
>Alvin Row
>a cover or two
>>
>>65641239
Golden Gals and FloriDada aren't close to the best songs and really aren't much above average for the album. If anything they suffer for their accessibility compared to the other songs and get tired after fewer listens.
>>
>>65640844
That was one day after I saw them, interesting
You lied on the grass? haha that's appropriate
>>65640944
the only song they played in the show I saw that wasn't PW was Daily routine, as far as I can remember
>>
>>65641347
And Gnip Gnop and Hounds of Bairro basically count as PW let's b real.
>>65641380
Again, bud >>65641239. Also it's Golden Gal, in the singular :)
>>
>>65641347
WOW i though Loch Raven was on CHz
my bad
>>
>>65641385
Ah fuck, it was actually Thursday (Primavera Sound). Haha didn't think about the coincidences until now, maybe I picked up that idea without realizing it, I was pretty fucked up before, during and after the show.
>>
>>65641401
I agree, but they're technically a separate release so I included them
>>65641430
shit man I'm not too much of a Feels guy but Loch Raven is like the anti-CHz lmao
>>
>>65641401
Wow bud you sure showed me :)
>>
>>65641452
dont blame me, blame my cousin for getting me into Anco, he gave me a CD of horrible-quality rips of random Anco songs
that being said I feel like Loch Raven could go right in between 2 songs on chz and be alright
>>
>>65641486
I feel like Loch Raven could go right in between 2 songs on chz and be alright

Are you sure you've ever listened to CHz?

>>65641452
Is right.
>>
>>65641347
>>65641401
Am I the only one who think gnip gnop absolutely blows? I like Hounds, but gnip gnop is one of the worst songs they've ever put out, and I loved PW.
>>
>>65638570
/thread

Which seems fair seeing everyone blamed Avey and Deak for CHz
>>
>>65641604
I'm the first guy you (You)'d and I kinda agree
or rather, I did at first. it's grown on me a good bit now (especially the chorus,) but god damn a good chunk of that song (particularly that fucking awful sample that plays during the first half) actually fulfills all the negative ideas you'd get from hearing their current stuff compared to Rugrats
>>
>>65640244
oh shit waddup !
>>
>>65641669
Yeah it was super disappointing. Luckily I think Hounds of Bairro really makes up for it, Panda's melodies have been super underrated as far as the reception to this album goes.
>>
File: 1391650927064.gif (2 MB, 325x244) Image search: [Google]
1391650927064.gif
2 MB, 325x244
>>65641749
>>
>>65638511
Panda's influence on the overall direction was probably the weak link, and he had the worst songs, but he also had Hocus Pocus and Recycling which were two of my favorite tracks. Avey's tracks were mostly good, but most of his tracks also had weaker moments in them. Floridada's chorus repeated twice as much as it needed to with every iteration, Vertical repeated the parking lot section for far too long, The Burglars was almost perfect but the middle eight (if you want to call it that) was a little obnoxious (although I do think it provided a tension release which made the last part extra effective), On Delay had the it was nice section which was just kinda flat, the middle part of Bagels was great but the verse was... Idk, all the parts of his songs that I didn't like just felt like classic rock presented in AnCo's chaotic aesthetic, kinda like Today's Supernatural felt. But what I wanted with this albums was to see them write some decent songs with a different sonic palette and give it good production. They mostly delivered, and I think the further they get out from the shadow of MPP the more they'll feel comfortable doing what they do best.
>>
>>65641935
>comfortable doing what they do best.
word!
>>
>>65641935
I don't understand people who like Avey's songs more. I think Spilling Guts, Recycling, Summing the Wretch, Bagels in Kiev, and Vertical are probably my top 5 on the album, and only one of those is Avey.
>>
>>65642040
Two of them. Bagels and Vertical are both Avey.
>>
>>65641805
I like Hounds, but it was honestly pretty middling for me
>>65641827
kek
>>65641935
>The Burglars
>flawed in any way
otherwise while I can't say I agree with you you explained what you think pretty reasonably. just a difference in preference.
>>65642040
this, but my top 5 are The Burglars, In Delay, Lying In The Grass, Vertical, and Bagels in Kiev or Summing the Wretch
>>
>>65642076
>>The Burglars
>>flawed in any way

It's definitely one of the best tracks, but yea, that middle section is a bit weaker to me than the beginning or the end. Sounds like a different song entirely too.
>>
>>65642127
what do you mean by middle section though? if you mean the part that starts with "WHEN I WAS YOUNG" I can kinda see what you're saying, but I still genuinely love all of it and have since that shitty bathroom leak
it's maybe better than Brother Sport
>>
>>65642074
I'm almost 100% certain Bagels is panda
>>
here let's settle this once and for all
http://www.strawpoll.me/10478574

>>65638704
>>65638770
>>65638570
>>65638699
>>65639576
>>65640190
>>65639656
>>65640266
>>65640517
>>65640594
>>65640944
>>65641401
>>65641935
>>65642076
>>65642127
>>
>>65642147
"When I was young" marks maybe the point at which I think it starts to feel a little off, but the part where it really loses me is the "and worried little peeps go on about it" is the part I'm talking about it. I like how it busts out with the "probably driving your car with someone" part into the end which is one of my favorite parts about the whole album. Overall it's a great track, I just think it'd be better with something less agitated sounding in the middle. It's not bad writing, it just kinda fucks with the flow and feels out of place to me, like the verse section of Bagels.
>>
>>65642219
Ugh poor phrasing. It's by no means a bad album. It's bad by their standards but it's still a solid effort with great tracks.
>>
>>65642262
eh, I actually really like that part. not the best part (the intro and "Has this town gotten better or are The Burglars gonna keep on meddling with it?" are my favorites) but it's still pretty great. agree on Bagels though, that verse feels very out of place, like they ran out of ideas and needed to fill out the song. the rest of it is still pretty good though.
>>65642303
I actually think it's pretty decent by their standards desu
>>
A lot of people blame Chum Chum for when the album went wrong, but I thought it was because fanboy went to a musical territory he wasn't familiar with
>>
>>65642204
Animal Collective address an especially personal form of connection on ‘Bagels in Kiev’. It’s less about a love of the humble breaded foodstuff itself, and more an exploration of Avey Tare’s family history, and exactly how he’s supposed to relate to his past, years removed from it. “My grandfather’s from Kiev, and he came over to Ellis Island when he was a kid with his family,” Dave says. “They’re a family of bakers. To me, the song is about connecting to a past you never experienced.” His vague, but not entirely concrete sense of personal connection to the current political unrest in Ukraine is also a factor, he says. “I talk a lot about the violence and that sort of thing, and having a connection to Kiev through my family being bakers, but also not having a connection to the more political side of things. Can that skew my vision of a place, and where I’m from?” he asks.

http://diymag.com/2016/02/08/animal-collective-interview-painting-with

Not to mention, even without his explaining it, you can tell because it didn't use the juggling syllables, which was more or less Panda's gimmick that he used on every one of his songs on the album.
>>
>>65642204
why not just say like 95% or 99.9%
anyways Deakin's new album is waaaay better imo
>>
idk i find this stuck in my head
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h-_1wOxpFBs
>>
>>65641451
then we were both there! what a coincidence
>>
>>65642344
cuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuute
>>
Does anyone have a rip of the two new Deakin tracks? (Don't Think Twice and Harpy)

>Don't Think Twice is not just Deakin
>I know, shut up
>>
>>65642357
Floridada was fucking nuts
>>
>>65642418
oh I actually just found one for Harpy myself.

Here it is: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B_hnZmGqnQumdDAzVF9YYXp3QVU/view?usp=sharing

Don't Think Twice anyone?
>>
>>65642344
This week was also the first time I came to /mu/ in like one year or so.

But yeah most of that day was pretty good excluding the Pitchfork stage and Sigur Rós (it's just not my kind of show but the albums are alright).
>>
>>65642319
So Avery wrote it and sung it? The vocals sound exactly like Panda what the fuck
>>
>>65642502
I don't have a download for don't think twice but that is a godly track, the instrumental deak and geo cooked up is just too blissful
>>
>>65642697
They both sing on every track as far as I know. When they harmonize together Panda almost always takes the high part, which often sticks out as the dominant melody. Same with Also Frightened, which I think is Avey despite sounding like Panda, and even having lyrics that seemingly apply to Panda more.
>>
>>65642730
so I got this:
http://offliberty.com/#https%3A%2F%2Fsoundcloud.com%2Fanmlcollective%2Fdont-think-twice-its-all-right-animal-collective-remix

quality is shit obviously but better than nothing
>>
The songs from Painting With are so much better live... seeing them again in a few months, can't wait.

Fucking daily routine was the highlight of the show though.
>>
I listened to this album like 40 times. I don't get the hate. If this wasn't AnCo, it would be praised daily on this board. It's better than anything Everything Everything for example ever did, yet this board sucks EE's dick every day
>>
>>65643138
The sound that erupts every time after "just a sec more in my bed" shook me to my core, i think i cried but i cant remember
>>
It's not geo, his baby is Danse which could not be more different
>>
>>65642325
>album
and honestly the only thing that beat PW was Footy imo
>>65642418
wait, what is this?
>>
>>65642526
I avoided the pitchfork stage like small pox the first day
I liked sigur rós, but I get you
the next days were amazing, especially the last day
>>
>>65642314
Are you fucking crazy? This album is shit compared to 5/7 of their discography. Sung Tongs, Feels, MPP, Campfire Songs, STGSTV and Fall be Kind are all way higher than this piece of shit in terms of ambientation, songwriting and pacing.

For fuck's sake, any other album from them is at least a bit more interessting and well thought than this bad excuse for an album.
>>
ITS AVEY'S FUCKING FAULT YOU STUPID MOTHER FUCKERS JUST FUCKING LISTEN ITS FUCKING HIM THE NIGGA FELL OFF MY NIGGA THE ONLY WAY THEY CAN SAVE THEMSELVES IS TO MAKE A REALLY NICE MORE ACOUSTICAL BASED ALBUM BUT STILL NOTHING WILL SAVE THEM BUT AVEY FINDING HIS SOUL AGAIN
>>
>>65645427
them making an acoustic album now would be forced as fuck and not interesting, imagine screens for an entire 50 minutes. would not work.
anyways avey did not fall off at all, his songs on pw were great, slasher flicks was good, and he hasn't "lost his soul" he's just older and settling down
>>
>>65645427
Panda's the one that flooded it with the same trading syllable gimmick on like seven of the tracks. It worked on a few, but it's a little too distinct to have merited that much focus. Avey had some weaker moments too, but Panda really phoned in the percussion, as he did on Grim Reaper, which I think is quite a bit worse than PW. So much redundant repetition. At least PW had songs that progressed.
>>
>>65645627
>redundant repetition
pleb
>>
>>65645673
Good point. But yes, I think repetition is a tool that has it's uses. Familiarity is important and if something needs more repeats to communicate itself that's fair, and it can work great if you're repeating a few layers but changing what's going on around it to present it in new ways (MPP did this well), but if you're just straight repeating something verbatim 3 times to fill out the track length without providing some sense of progression it because redundant. There was a fuckton of that on GR.
>>
>>65642204
Bagels is Avey, but it's like Also Frightened in that his melody is lower pitched and more obtuse, while Pandas harmonies are mixed higher and outweigh Avey's voice.
>>
>>65638704
>>65638770
>>65640517
agreed
Thread replies: 90
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.