[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Name a better album
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
Soundtrack for the blind is the only album I've heard that creates such an intense emotional atmosphere, it truly is the peak of rock music, there is nothing better
>>
>>65636114
i liked various failures more

sftb has some very beautiful moments but they are too often imterrupted by the noisy /screaming tracks.

also the sample of hisp parents talking about their problems is too direct, seems forced almost to the point of cringe, and doesn't really have any deep artistic value.

idk, i think gira might just be a little too religious/traditional for me
>>
Blurryface by 21 Pilots is 100x more genuine and emotional
>>
>>65636215
>implying "Muh beauty" has more inherent value than abrasion
>>
I feel the spoken word parts followed by the ambient soundscapes just adds so much emotion to this album. It has some noise and punk rock moments like yum yab killers and also soft dreamy ambient moments it's just the perfect mixture
>>
i'm too lazy to sit throught it during 2h 21
fuck anxiety
>>
>>65636520
I didn't want to either. I listened to their other stuff though and eventually i really wanted to listen to soundtracks
>>
I kinda like Children of God more...yeah but soundtracks is a great album.
>>
>>65636737
Why though? I've never understood why Children of God is so revered, I enjoy it but it has a couple of boring songs and isn't as mind-fuckingly awesome as Soundtracks for the Blind. It's this cool, moody, industrial tinged post-punk album but it never blew me away like it seems to do for so many others. Give me some help and insight please.
>>
>>65637236
Simply because I think every song is special. It has a fine balance between soft and harsh songs. Despite it being more simple and traditional, every song has a characteristic uniqueness about it. Listen to Blackmail...the oboe in the beginning with the piano riff. The acoustic guitar intro of Trust Me. The guitar riff in Sex God Sex, Gira's voice in Blind Love (and the drums)...the only song I didn't like all that much was Real Love.
Soundtracks can get a little boring at times (needs patience to sit through)...I really don't like Hypogirl (vocals are a little overdone I feel), and Fan's Lament seems pretty random. But yeah it is a brilliant album...Red Velvet Wound (the drone thing towards the end and Jarboe's vocals...), Volcano, Live Through Me, Helpless Child, Final Sacrifice, Yum Yab Killers, Yrp are great songs. It's a really eery and unsettling album.
It all comes down to people's taste of course...I just got a little tired of these postrockish songs...and moved on to the earlier Swans stuff.
>>
Soundtrack for the Rapist
>>
>>65636114

rock peaked in the 70s
>>
>>65637509
Cool, thanks for the answer. I understand getting tired of really overwrought and dramatic music.
>>
>>65636114
Soundtracks for the background
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.