[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
what's wrong with julien? >And somebody's listening
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4
File: julien ba2877.jpg (215 KB, 750x1127) Image search: [Google]
julien ba2877.jpg
215 KB, 750x1127
what's wrong with julien?

>And somebody's listening at night with the ghosts of my friends when I pray
>Asking "Why did you let them leave and then make me stay?"
>Know my name and all of my hideous mistakes

does anyone know the backstory?
>>
File: julien bake18.jpg (259 KB, 640x959) Image search: [Google]
julien bake18.jpg
259 KB, 640x959
why didn't you save her, /mu/?
>>
>>65634492
she is cock eyed and has greasy hair
>>
>>65634492
suck dick
suck big dick
>>
>>65634492
flat chested no ass singing dyke
>>
>>65634804
how is having greasy hair a bad thing?
>>
She's a recovering drug addict and a lot of her former friends who ran in drug circles died of overdose etc.
>>
she's a terrible songwriter. she cannot build tension through any means other than playing louder and faster which is an amateur cop out. her guitar work is mundane. the only interesting thing about her music are the lyrics but I don't listen to music for poetry I listen to it for music. fuck you.
>>
>>65634492
this bitch's rise to prominence feels very contrived and manufactured to me

>Pitchfork: Julien Baker on Being Queer, Southern, Christian, and Proud

she's not a musician, she's living clickbait, you know what i mean? i imagine there's quite a bit of back-room dealing to do with her career

music is shit too, but then again nobody seems to talk about the music when they're talking about her anyway
>>
it seems as though most of the people who have strong issues with her are the typical 4chan angry kids with no outlet apart from shitposting. I really like her, taste is subjective, everything is fine.
>>
>>65635614
source etc.?
>>
File: kappa japasdf.gif (2 MB, 250x187) Image search: [Google]
kappa japasdf.gif
2 MB, 250x187
>>65635650
>lyrics are not part of music as a whole

not defending her music btw
>>
>>65634492
She looks like a little boy

Honestly can't decide if qt or not qt
>>
>>65634492
The only thing I've heard from her is her npr desk thing and I didn't like it very much. I feel she's on her way to waifu status around here, though.

Speaking of those desk performances, I feel like most of them are pretty bad. It's always samey sounding indie stuff. Though, the Music Tapes were on there once and put up a great performance
>>
File: julien_kek.png (1 MB, 1396x917) Image search: [Google]
julien_kek.png
1 MB, 1396x917
If Julien were a boy in middle school
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.