[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ITT: Music you liked as a kid but are to ashamed to admit it.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2
File: 276cce288e344b6cab672ab4d531eb5a.jpg (172 KB, 1600x1277) Image search: [Google]
276cce288e344b6cab672ab4d531eb5a.jpg
172 KB, 1600x1277
ITT: Music you liked as a kid but are to ashamed to admit it.

I loved Blink 182, had all their albums.
>>
I'd say everybody is ashamed of their pop-punk roots.
>>
>>65631242

Blink 182 are a great band you faggot

I'd probably go with disturbed, I only had that one album but that's all it takes to be cancer.
>>
Wait 'til you get older.

blink-182 were my favorite band from 11-13. Then I got into "real punk" and was embarrassed about having liked them. I thought they were lame throughout high school, and in early college I thought they were a mediocre pop band.
Now in my mid/late 20s, I'm comfortable admitting they're a great band. Yeah, they're poppy and a lot of their stuff was overproduced, but the songs are strong and tight and the sound is good.

Also, all the people who complain about them not being real punk are revealing their own lack of knowledge of punk, because blink-182's early stuff doesn't sound at all out of place when you play it alongside a lot of the underground punk bands of the 90s, like The Promise Ring, The Get Up Kids, Screeching Weasel, Pennywise, and Down By Law.
>>
I used to enjoy Captain Beefheart when I was 4.75 years old
>>
Animal Collective
Arcade Fire
Built to Spill
Coltrane, John
Davis, Miles
Death Grips
Glenn Branca
Kanye West
Kendrick Lamar
My Bloody Valentine
Radiohead
Spiritualized
Slint
Talk Talk
>>
>>65631300
I'm far more ashamed of my delve into metalcore
>>
i used to enjoy avant teen stuff back in 2010-2012
>>
>>65631340
nice music library there, but Miles Davis, Slint, John Coltrane, Built to Spill, Spiritualized, and My Bloody Valentine are great, and you're a giant faggot if you don't think so
>>
>>65631242
Ho, boy!

>So when I was 7 I literally had a fight with my sister about who got to listen to this CD whilst we fell asleep.
>My Dad tries to solve the problem by making me fall asleep to Augie March's "Moo you Bloody Choir".
>Cry myself to sleep because I don't have Crazy Frog.
>>
Arctic Monkeys, in fact I still listen to AM, it's like guilty pleasure at this point.
>>
>>65631399
>it's like guilty pleasure at this point.
So why are you posting it in this thread?
>>
>>65631422
Because I'm too ashamed to admit I like AM.
>>
>>65631300
>ashamed
Nah, we embrace it.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.