[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is this his most clever album?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2
File: blackstar cover.jpg (26 KB, 900x900) Image search: [Google]
blackstar cover.jpg
26 KB, 900x900
Is this his most clever album?
>>
Ziggy is probably the only one that rivals in concept
>>
The idea that you can turn your incoming death into an album is one of the most amazing artistic statements I've ever seen. Whether or not you think it's his best album or even good (it's top 5 Bowie for me but Low is GOAT) it's one of boldest concepts for an album ever. Man went out on goddamn top.
>>
Call me a pleb but I honestly couldn't get through the first track, even with repeated listens.

its just bad
>>
>>65628191
What didn't you like about it? You should try listening to some of the other songs though as they don't all really sound like the title track.
>>
>>65628229
Didn't like the moaned vocals, the music itself didn't stand out or appeal to me really, the jazz elements seemed a bit forced and out of place
>>
>>65628288
Did you get to the part where he starts actually singing in the song? And I think that song is the only song with those kinds of vocals. The other songs have normal singing.

Jazz stuff is interspersed through the other songs too so if you didn't like how it was done you might not like it in the other songs either.
>>
Technically, yes.
>>
Anyone have a Bowie flowchart?
>>
File: flowchart david bowie.png (571 KB, 1280x1024) Image search: [Google]
flowchart david bowie.png
571 KB, 1280x1024
>>65628658
here
>>65628191
kys
>>
>>65628971
Thanks b
>>
>>65626339
agreed

>>65627350
absolutely top 5.... i'm surprised this isn't a more common opinion

>>65626280
clever? not... really at all. emotionally heavy and layered in meaning? yeah

this is the album i've always wanted out of bowie- dark, depressing, shit that i can actually get into during bad moods... so lovely
>>
>>65629247
avoid everything from the 80s-2010s that isnt Scary Monsters until you run out of albums
>>
> tfw I just realized the star fragments at the bottom spell out "BOWIE"
>>
>>65630732
holy shit
>>
>>65630732
Damn...
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.