[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Does anyone here play know anything about wooden flutes? My
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2
File: 20160612_214959.jpg (2 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
20160612_214959.jpg
2 MB, 3264x2448
Does anyone here play know anything about wooden flutes?

My in laws got this for my wife as a decoration and I'm wondering if it's playable, what kind of flute it actually is etc.

Ita a seven hole and has this little groove cut on one end but it feels like it should be held the other way around.

I was a brass player so I have no idea what I'm doing either way
>>
File: 20160612_215007.jpg (2 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
20160612_215007.jpg
2 MB, 3264x2448
And the other way around.

I'm googling different wooden flutes but cant find anything that really matches it.
>>
>>65625406
>in laws
ask your wifes son cuck
>>
I play with my wooden flute all the time
>>
>>65625406
when i first saw that image for a moment it looked like one of the very large blunts that i roll. i roll them that big because of how high my tolerance is

they're pretty dank too. good stuff etc. me and my friends also roll extremely large joints. the largest i've ever seen. good times
>>
you see what you've got here is your classic seven hole flute, by the looks of it wooden as well
>>
>>65625406
did you try blowing into it? should be simple enough to figure out if you arent retarded. it looks like it has simple holes like a recorder. eith blow sideways or directly into the top hole...
>>
>>65625461
lol you sound like a middle schooler who smoked weed for the first time last week
>>
>>65625498
yes, I've tried blowing into it.

I've been fucking with it for last 45 minutes or so and have gotten some sound out of it a few times.

I'm just curious if I'm even doing it correctly.

I have been blowing into the first hole on the side of the flute and can get some sound out of it, but then why is there a groove cut into the bottom of it?
>>
>>65625518
i've been smoking weed for years and what would you know about it or weed

you don't know me and you sound stupid. i've blazed for a long time. and with knowledge too
>>
>>65625588
>>65625461
thanks for all your help.
>>
>>65625534
lol it's a pipe similar to a quena flute
you blow in the end, the notch acting as a duct
the holes are all finger holes
>>
Who the fuck buys a flute as a decoration or would give somebody one as a gift
>>
>>65625689
My wife likes safari type shit and her parents thought it would be good? I have no idea.

>>65625650
cool. Thanks for the help. Loking up quena flutes now.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.