[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/mu/ why is this album so highly rated?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1
File: MyBloodyValentineLoveless.jpg (67 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
MyBloodyValentineLoveless.jpg
67 KB, 300x300
/mu/ why is this album so highly rated?
>>
When You Sleep is a nice song
>>
Because it's really good, but I don't personally think it's the best Shoegaze album
>>
It's actually trash, so /mu/ rates it highly. Nothing out of the ordinary there
>>
>>65620047
i just cannot get into the lyrics
>>
>>65620022
It's pretty good, but to me it just feels like most people on /mu/ pretend to like it so they can feel patrician.
>>
>>65620117
you're not supposed to
>>
>>65620022
>insane amount of detail in every song
>unique, creative and arguably innovative ways of manipulating the electric guitar sound
>excellent songwriting
>defined the blueprint for an entire genre
>sounded like nothing else at the time
>extremely influential
>still sounds timeless (Soon sounds a bit 90's, but that's it)
Geez you tell me
>>
>>65620157
alright pal ill give it another listen
>>
>>65620117
This might be obvious but I interpret the opening riff as embodying the song's indecisive feel. The first half of it is cheerful and in love, and the second half expresses doubt and uncertainty. Then the lyrics go into that further, like how he's basically saying he thinks that it's not gonna last long but then "once in a while, and you make me smile" and the relationship mends itself, but not enough that it's not still just hanging by a thread. I think that's touching.
>>
>>65620137
I don't think that's the case. It's a quite well known album. There's just something about it you get, or don't. If you get it, it's an amazing album.
>>
worst mbv album i've heard tbqh
>>
>>65620167
Keep in mind every single sound is a guitar. Even the whistle things in Soon. It's insane the amount of effort Shields put into that album.

>>65620201
This is literally impossible. Worse than their early goth stuff?
>>
>>65620022
DUDE
REVERB
LMAO
>>
>>65620022
You have to know the history of it, nothing in shoegaze sounded quite like this.
My Bloody Valentine were pioneers in defining the genre, if you listen closely you can hear the noise rock influences throughout their discography (I guarantee that loveless would not exist without sonic youth)
Fun Fact: all the drumming on Loveless is sampled from the opening track
>>
Listen to more rock music and it'll make sense
>>
Even the drums and vocals are guitars
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.