[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I feel like Isaac is caught in a weird balancing act between
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1
File: 71UJ8ePjoKL.jpg (156 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
71UJ8ePjoKL.jpg
156 KB, 500x500
I feel like Isaac is caught in a weird balancing act between making music for himself, making music for die hard fans and making pop music to appeal to radio listeners, and the end result is that no one is happy.
>>
As a hardcore fan, was pretty pleased with it. I know what to expect with their music now, and it certainly isn't gonna be another LCW.
>>
Whatever happened to that other album they were apparently working on?
>>
>>65612065
Coming out 2017
>>
I still liked it, but that's probably because MM are my favorite band.

Pistol is still one of their best songs desudes.
>>
didn't really like it, but i had fun at their show
>>
Pups to Dust is one of the best songs they've ever made IMO
>>
>>65611278
anyone been to a show recently? what was their setlist like? im going in july and im hoping its not all shit off this album
>>
I saw them last June and got dramamine, cowboy dan, out of gas and fuckin styrofoam boots, they still play a good set
>>
>>65614718
check setlist.fm, they have all the setlists for most bands, went to one of their shows in september. They played some of the stuff off the new album, a lot off good news/we were dead and a few songs off their older ones if I remember correctly
>>
>>65614718
It seems they always play at least 4 songs from LCM at a bare minimum. That's been my experience at least.
>>
>>65613759
agreed
>>
i want the next album to be like this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tUXhBw7nL2o
>>
>>65615299
Feeling that. I wish Brock would do some solo stuff or something . They should release the hundred songs that didn't make it onto Strangers.
>>
>>65615462
well the actual ugly casanova album was great. if that song i linked is what a new one would sound like then absolutely i'd love to see isaac do some stuff outside of MM
>>
i really wanted to like this album but i just cant. its not substantial like their old work and it isnt fun like their newer work. Its like they took the bad songs across their entire discography and mashed them into a single record.

I come back to this album every now and again but im never satisfied. i really want to like it. any tips on appreciating it in a new light?
>>
>>65617858
it's basically a bunch of dads making a modest mouse album but i'm not sure that will help you like it more
don't take it too seriously for sure, even the 'sad songs' aren't really sad, isaac gets a little sarcastic on some of the more bitter songs but that's about it. i would say it's fun but not in the same way we were dead is, it's more lax and just seems like they were making music because they enjoyed it, especially on the jammier songs like pups to dust and the best room.
>>
>>65611278
Still better than Good News. Not sure why it gets so much hate.

yeah, Pistol is the worst song they ever wrote, but there's a few here that are better than anything they've released since being signed to a major label.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.