[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So I just checked out Puce Mary and...
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1
Do I have to be a liberal arts-studying rich kid in order to appreciate this affected, histrionic horseshit?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yvCq7geS28I
>>
>>65610747
shes a mildly traditionally attractive white woman... why do you think shes so successful as a noise artist?
>>
>>65610801
I thought noise and "experimental music" in general was supposed to look past that sort of shallow image-based appeal that's prevalent in more popular forms of music.
>>
>>65610747
honestly dude who cares. she makes lil to no money off her shitty noise project
Hipsters kids just like name dropping her for how exclusive she is atm
>>65611099
the performers maybe but the audience can't always overlook that.
>>
>>65610747
anyway pharmakon is 50x worse. fake accent and used to be a model
>>
>>65610747
>being rich is bad

lmao poor people every time
>>
>>65611188
I like Pharmakon's Abandon the most between the two

She's also been at some small noise house shows I've been to here in NYC just as a listener and I don't know where the idea about her not being authentic comes from. She even opened for Merzbow and Suicide within the last year.
>>
>>65611188
Pharmakon is abysmal but she wasn't a model, you're thinking of Myrkur.
>>
noise purists have devolved to the level of real hip hop youtube commenters
>>
>>65611252
ahh myrkur yeah that one
>>
>>65611301
I'm not seeing much proof of anyone in here being a "noise purist".
It's perfectly possible for someone to dislike the extremely rudimentary and derivative crap that Pharmakon and Puce Mary are doing based purely on the quality(or lack of) of those artists' work, without being all that involved with the politics of the genre in general.

That said, the intense focus that Puce Mary and the clique of artists she belongs to(which Pharmakon is arguably also a part of) place on nurturing a fashionable and trendy image is pretty unfortunate and definitely something that I don't think should have much of a part in contemporary experimental music.
A part of me is kind of irritated by the prospect of other artists following their example(and quite a few artists and labels already are doing that) and further popularizing this unhealthy and superficial mentality, but then again another part of me realizes that anyone with whom this shit would resonate so much that they felt the urge to imitate it would probably not have been capable of producing anything with depth or merit in the first place.

tl;dr: Fuck Denmark, fuck Sweden, fuck Brooklyn.
>>
>>65611242
fuck off bourgeois scum
>>
>>65611623
what are some contemporary noise musicians you think are great?
>>
>>65611099
they've come full circle
>>
How do you pronounce her name?
>>
>>65611252
and peter sotos. which is like, jesus id be intimidated but she doesnt give a fuck
>>
>>65614100
What's so intimidating about Sotos? He does book readings and shit fairly regularly.
>>
>>65615152
Because Sotos and pedophilia/child abuse are thought about in the same way as Death in June and nazis.
Fascinations like that are really hard to justify to the public.
>>
>>65610747
Been listening to this set for the last seven minutes now and am not hearing where it's bad. This is actually one of the better ambient noise sets I've heard so far
>>
>>65616142
4chan is just about the last place I think of when I think of the general public and Sotos' work has gotten its critical reappraisal and acclamation ages ago.
There's nothing intimidating at all about it at this point, it's firmly a part of a certain accepted canon and history of transgressive writing.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.