[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What was the most ahead of its time record to come out before
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 7
What was the most ahead of its time record to come out before pic related?
>>
Pet Sounds
>>
please please me
>>
Sun Ra's Cosmic Tones for Mental Therapy. (Listen to Moondance)
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KUTByW8NElo
>>
The Monks - Black Monk Time
The Sonics - S/T
>>
>>65604528
Pet Sounds you fucking idiot
>>
File: Velvet_Underground_and_Nico.jpg (9 KB, 350x350) Image search: [Google]
Velvet_Underground_and_Nico.jpg
9 KB, 350x350
>>65604528
Pic related came out a few months earlier and was far ahead of its time considering how many indie/alt rock albums sound like some aspect of this.

Sgt Peppers on the other hand is very much a product of its time, trying to consciously attempt an outdoing of Pet Sounds' giant orchestrations.
>>
File: DFC Dyke.jpg (47 KB, 500x499) Image search: [Google]
DFC Dyke.jpg
47 KB, 500x499
>>65604528
there;s still nothing like it
>>
>>65604639
I didn't predict it because I forgot how fucking retarded /mu/ can be. There are plenty of far more "ahead of there time" records before pet sounds, which was just a very good and conceptual baroque pop album.

take my post>>65604604 for example

just because youre a fucking pleb doesnt make me a fucking idiot :^)
>>
>>65604656
lots of indie/alt records like like some aspects of Pepper too
>>
>>65604721
Not really. Not to the extent they take from TVU&N. Sgt Peppers was bigger for Prog Rock and like stuff like 70s Motown stuff, etc. Which, when looking at everything still influenced a fuck ton of music that has come out since, but not to the extent TVU&N did which is on a level that's kinda ridiculous due to how direct its influence was compared to Sgt Peppers that might have hit more musicians but not have as direct of an influence.
>>
this t b h
>>
>>65604764
all the psych pop bands that have got big over the last few years the Tame Impalas and Grizzly Bears of the world are informed by Pepper much moreso than most other records.
>>
>>65604656
shut up banana
>>
>>65605311
add Of Montreal to that list too
>>
File: image.jpg (62 KB, 720x900) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
62 KB, 720x900
>lel am I avant-garde yet guys?
>>
Rite of Spring
>>
File: 51WKGVVP2ZL.jpg (40 KB, 301x300) Image search: [Google]
51WKGVVP2ZL.jpg
40 KB, 301x300
Pic related
>>
>>65605479
>>
File: MI0003380210.jpg (91 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
MI0003380210.jpg
91 KB, 500x500
>>65604528
FTFY
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.