[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Get this ironic bullshit out of my library again. Everything
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3
File: 1462447828577.jpg (72 KB, 700x700) Image search: [Google]
1462447828577.jpg
72 KB, 700x700
Get this ironic bullshit out of my library again. Everything about this album is ironic. The cover is ironic. The lyrics are ironic. The concept is ironic. The music is ironic. The vocals are ironic. I think they have no idea what they are doing or what they are singing about (gender issue, divorce problems). Except for the sake of being ironic (look at that ironic double A in Jordaan).

Definitly not recommended to Neutral Milk Hotel fans. This sounds like a shitty version of Beirut, an obnixous version of Ariel Pink's Haunted Graffiti and even shittier version of Andrew Jackson Jihad, another runner-up for the most ironic band of all times. The album cover insults Sparklehorse.

Fucking hipsters. This album is all that can be wrong about music and I would like to choose this as a prime example for things that should have no place in music. People that gave this positive rating (by means overrate it, by means, giving it a higher rating than absolute zero) are just rating this highly because they are ironic as well. This is the most taste-less bullshit I have ever heard.

I hated hated hated hated hated this album. Not even ironically.

0/10 worst album I have ever heard.
>>
File: hella jeff.jpg (16 KB, 383x700) Image search: [Google]
hella jeff.jpg
16 KB, 383x700
>irony
>>
YOU
FUCK LIKE A RACEEEEEHORSE
>>
>>65600905
IT'S YOUR WEDDING DAY, YOUR WEDDING DAY
SAY YES
>>
dang even the dude's name is ironic?

wow
>>
I cbf to actually check this band out but ,assuming this isn't a shitty copypasta, this makes me mad.
>>
>>65600948
YOU WANT TO BE POLLINATED
>>
This album bleeds kaleidoscope descants, wails, warbles and emotion. Filled with beautiful verbosities and musical meanderings, it moves one from the inside out. a masterpiece of raw and lyrical gender dysphoria. Thoroughly enthralling and raw. Takes songwriting as storytelling to a whole new level. Jordaan's powerful and organic tones mixed with such grandeur and unembellished lyrics exudes passion and realness.
>>
>this album
>ironic

guess it went right over your head
>>
File: AND HE'S PROUD.png (469 KB, 779x458) Image search: [Google]
AND HE'S PROUD.png
469 KB, 779x458
probably my top favorite ironic album. no lie. i keep track of this sort of thing (have you seen my medialog yet?). i have a veritable pile of ironic albums burnt to disc and placed in a pile in the corner of my room, all unlabeled. ordered by how ironic they are. and divorce lawyers is at the top.

why? isn't obvious? have you listened to this album yet? between the tongue-in-cheek lyrics ("illiterate sea"--as if any sea could read!), the pathetically half-assed instrumentals (i swear to god at some point they just dropped the real instruments and started dickin around with saws!), and the absolutely asinine subject matter (gender? trans* narratives? haha what the heck! those issues have never so much as touched people's lives, never surrounded people's interactions with the outside world, never caused anyone to lay hidden in an uncomfortable guest bed at a friend's house wondering how the hell they got to be so out of tune with the rest of the world--as out of tune as jordaan mason's totally ironic and not affective voice!), i'm sure anyone with any brains would call this album ironic.

yesterday afternoon i listened to this album in the kitchen while making a homemade pizza. i rolled the dough out on a cookie sheet, added pesto sauce, cheese, sun-dried tomatoes, diced onion, garlic powder, and just the right amount of pepper. it took me longer than i expected to assemble everything, as my phone rang at least thirty times as i worked, though each time i picked up the phone no one was at the other end. by the time everything was ready for the oven, i had listened up to 1990 Was a Long Year and We Are All Out of Hot Water Now (i never pause music for the phone, people should be exposed to my tastes). completely untouched by the track, i opened up the oven and tried to insert the pizza, but to my surprise i had not opened the oven at all: i had opened a box of cereal. in fact, i had never preheated the oven, only written "whose the biggest tool fan now?" in red ink
>>
>>65600832
hey, thanks opie, i havent listened to this in a while. guess ill do that now.
>>
We need to stop using the word "/mu/core". By calling music as big, innovative, and influential as Neutral Milk Hotel, Animal Collective, Radiohead, and countless others "/mu/core" we are implying that this music is defined by the fact that it is frequently discussed on /mu/, the music board on the esoteric otaku website 4chan. That is how the English language works. In reality, the opposite is true. /mu/ is defined by the presence of these artists being discussed. In a way, you can say /mu/ is a Neutral Milk Hotel-core board.
>of course, there are artists who are only popular on /mu/ and not outside of /mu/, mainly because of viral marketing, such as Have A Nice Life, Giles Cory, The World Is a Beautiful Place and I Am No Longer Afraid to Die, Crywank, Dads, Jordaan Mason & The Horse Museam, and plenty of others, but that's for a different discussion

To expand on this idea further, let's apply this logic to real life scenarios. If my friend, let's say his name is Jacob, likes a band, let's say Radiohead, I say "My friend Jacob really likes Radiohead". I don't say "Radiohead are a total Jacob band". If anything, I say the opposite, by saying "Jacob is a total Radiohead guy". Because, you see, Radiohead are much larger than Jacob. The same should apply to /mu/ as it does to Jacob. It's foolish and possibly autistic to think bands /mu/ likes are "/mu/core" when /mu/ is a music board on an esoteric otaku website with traffic of about 1000 original users daily (the board, not the site. If you think there are 25 million "/mu/tants" you're delusional). What's ironic, is that /mu/ often accuses Reddit, /v/ and /a/ of autism. Nobody on Reddit calls Queen "Reddit-core", nobody on /v/ calls Deus Ex and Morrowind "/v/ideo games", and nobody on /a/ calls Evangelion or K-ON "/a/nime". This behavior is exclusive to /mu/.

To put it simply, if you use the word "/mu/core", you either don't know the basics of the English language or how it works, are delusional, or have autism.
>>
>>65602191
>Radiohead are a total Jacob band

I do say shit like this tho.......

I had a friend in college who was obsessed with Between the Buried and me and I always cringe when I see them because of that kid,

I saw what he saw in them, and cringed
>>
Shitty overblown lyrics, music isn't all that bad but is certainly above average. I don't see your problem with it OP.

Jordaan Mason had a really good release last year (the decline of stupid fucking western civilization) that sounded absolutely nothing like this. I think you'd like it OP. It'a tragically underrated, so that should help your music taste superiority complex.
>>
Its not ironic though
>>
>>65602191
and besides, you're confusing lingustics with meaning. no one actually assumes radiohead or AnCo are "branded" or labelled in such a way to be affected by their prominence on this site, the "/mu/core" distinction is simply a collection of "frequently discussed" artists. its a collection of artists and/or albums that /mu/ has collectively decided have worth or value and are popular among the users.

to put it diffferently, these artists are "/mu/ approved"..........its like a famous museum "curating" the works of art they didn't create, but the works themselves gain esteem and respect by being in the museum. same here, because people are so picky and have more autistic standards, to become /mu/core is a feat in my eyes and is the result of a population of music nerds in the realm of fantano all coming together and agreeing for once
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.