[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey /mu/
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4
File: nick_drake.jpg (96 KB, 343x570) Image search: [Google]
nick_drake.jpg
96 KB, 343x570
What are artists/songwriters that sound like Nick Drake, Elliott Smith, Jackson C. Frank, Sibylle Baier and Vashti Bunyan? Sincere deliver and melancholic vibe. I'd rather listen to something subtle with only an acoustic guitar and vocals. Thanks in advance
>>
Daniel Johnston
Silver Jews

Bill Callahan
>>
File: judeesill1.jpg (20 KB, 350x263) Image search: [Google]
judeesill1.jpg
20 KB, 350x263
Judee Sill is really good, but not really subtle too much. But the same sort of emotion that Drake and Frack had.
>>
File: image.jpg (152 KB, 600x604) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
152 KB, 600x604
If you like Elliott Smith these guys are the next logical step
>>
>>65599593
Bright eyes
Iron and wine
Chad vangaalen
Bob dylan
Daniel Johnston
Alexander (something)
Bon iver
Matt Elliott
>>
>>65600278
thanks

go away montie
>>
>>65599593
Iron and Wine
>>
>>65599593
Michael Hurley
Wilcox-Sullivan-Wilcox
Smoke has more going on, but you'd love them
>>65600278
awful list
>>
>>65600367
>awful list
whats wrong with it?
>>
>>65600408
Dylan & Johnston are good but pretty obvious to anyone who knows any of OP's artists.

haven't heard vangaalen or Alexander, so can't comment on them.

the rest are trite, overproduced "indie" bullshit that attempt to mimic the greats without any of the passion or depth. It's a bastardization of the genre in my opinion.

also >>65599593
listen to Karen Dalton, she's wonderful
>>
File: Screenshot (551).png (96 KB, 356x318) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot (551).png
96 KB, 356x318
>>65600509
>matt elliott
>indie
>johnston
>good
>>
>>65600566
>>matt elliott
>>indie
label: Ici D'Ailleurs
"Ici D'ailleurs is an independent French label located in Nancy and created by Stephane Gregoire from the dissolution of the associative label Sine Terra Firma. "

hmm

Johnston had an honesty ans simplicity to his music that cannot be matched. You are allowed to have your opinions but he is a classic and will be remembered as one.
>>
>>65599593
John Fahey
Sir Richard Bishop
Robbie Basho
>>
>>65600632
so if infant annihilator was signed to ici D'Ailleurs they would be an indie band?
and yeah iq you're right with johnston
>>
Jessica Pratt
>>
thanks for the all the replies, anons. I'll be checking those.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.