[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
https://reverb.com/news/eric-clapto n-reveals-nerve-damage-h
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3
File: eric-clapton-8.jpg (27 KB, 400x320) Image search: [Google]
eric-clapton-8.jpg
27 KB, 400x320
https://reverb.com/news/eric-clapton-reveals-nerve-damage-has-limited-guitar-playing?_aid=fb

It's the beginning of an end of another legend
>>
>>65594694
People talk about Eric Clapton. What has he ever done except throw his baby off a fuckin’ ledge and write a song about it?
>>
>>65594756
>Cream
>solo work
>be an excellent guitarist by himself

Oh, you know, not much
>>
>>65594756
Apart from Unplugged I don't own any Clapton albums and don't consider myself much of a fan. But I do think he's probably the best living blues guitarist.
>>
>>65594694
That's sad but c'mon. Alcoholism, drugs, rehab. Some die from it way earlier. Others lose their minds.

And yeah, he'd definitely drop another AOTY at 70. Totally. He has it in his head, if only he could last to 72. I know it's cynical to say, but I think he's done everything he wanted and could long ago.
>>
>>65594775
>>65594819
>Not recognising the quote
Sure is summer around here
>>
File: 1462667268085.png (1 MB, 1082x838) Image search: [Google]
1462667268085.png
1 MB, 1082x838
>>65595100
>referencing obscure 2008 memes
>>
Good riddance, Eric should have fallen of that balcony.
>>
>>65595124
>scrambling a few words together to seem knowledgeable
I bet you don't even know who said that quote without googling it
>>
>child dies because of his own negligence
>writes and releases a song in the same year to capitalize on the scenario
>sells song for a film soundtrack

is this man a legit psychopath?
>>
>>65594694
did anyone ever give a shit about this guy? as far as I know he was just a pretentious asshole
>>
>>65595606
Cream has influenced much more music than you probably imagine. Every band used to be compared to them by critics, and this included Black Sabbath and Led Zeppelin. One of the most influential forgotten acts of today.
>>
File: 130508-clapton-is-god-1.jpg (193 KB, 620x413) Image search: [Google]
130508-clapton-is-god-1.jpg
193 KB, 620x413
>>65595606
some people certainly gave a shit about him.
>>
>>65595100
>>65595165
not that guy, but I've been around here for like 5 years now and don't recognize the quote. sorry but 4chan isn't a club with secret passcodes, your elitism is just funny
>>
>>65595606
Lol everyone who picks up a guitar tries to play sunshine of your love and layla. B8 harder m8
>>
>>65594775
Cream is a great band but Clapton didn't write any of the music, he just did great solos over the other two guys' music. The only good thing Clapton did outside Cream was Derek and the Dominos, and I will give him credit for that since he actually wrote the music. But outside those two small contributions he hasn't really put anything worthwhile forward imo. He's a fantastic guitar player but his importance to the music world is widely overstated
>>
Share some great Cream songs https://youtu.be/pkae0-TgrRU
>>
Cream was alright, but I honestly think Blind Faith and Bluesbreakers were better
>>
>>65594694
Well he won't be clapping a ton anymore will he
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.