[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Albums that have positive and happy sounds but a very dark and
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 5
File: LoveYouCover.jpg (162 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
LoveYouCover.jpg
162 KB, 300x300
Albums that have positive and happy sounds but a very dark and cynical message underneath.
>>
File: 61NNF1PmIkL._SY355_.jpg (38 KB, 354x355) Image search: [Google]
61NNF1PmIkL._SY355_.jpg
38 KB, 354x355
>>
Soul Mining by The The
Most albums by The Smiths
>>
>>65586776
xiu xiu's poppier stuff
>>
File: image.jpg (214 KB, 500x495) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
214 KB, 500x495
About half the tracks on this (the other half are pretty outwardly dark and cynical)
>>
>>65586776
Does it really have a dark message underneath or does the darkness come from the fact that he sounds fucking insane and was fucking insane at the time?

Good album tho
>>
File: imgres.jpg (7 KB, 225x225) Image search: [Google]
imgres.jpg
7 KB, 225x225
>>65586776
essential
>>
>>65588747
OP wanted albums that are happy with cynical and depression undertones. Not records that are so cynically produced and written, it's depressing.
>>
>>65588652
No it really does, it's a bit of both actually. The second half of Love You is when the descent into madness truly begins
>>
This reminds me
Brian Wilson has released something or been a part of something that is at least an 8/10 each decade

1960s - where do i even fucking begin...
1970's- Surfs Up, Sunflower, Mount Vernon, Adult/Child, Love You
1980s - His self titled solo album
1990's - Orange crate art
2000s- BWPS, Lucky Old Sun was ok too
2010s - BW Reimagines Gershwin, That's Why God's ending suite is really good

The man has always had it
>>
File: MTMwNjgzODIwNTg3MzYyOTQ3.jpg (27 KB, 620x386) Image search: [Google]
MTMwNjgzODIwNTg3MzYyOTQ3.jpg
27 KB, 620x386
>>65590596
>According to Parks, "The reason why I asked him was to take care of this unfinished business, and to try to escape from the tyranny of the sense of history that's been placed on our own aborted effort. [Smile]" Later adding, "When I found him, he was alone in a room staring at a television. It was off."[2][3]

It is reported that Wilson interrupted the first vocal session for the album by asking Parks, "Wait a minute. What am I even doing here?" Parks hit the talk button and responded, "You’re here because I can’t stand the sound of my own voice!" Wilson paused, nodded his head, and stepped up to the microphone proclaiming, "Well that makes sense! okay, take one!"[4

this fucking guy
>>
>>65590694
>>65590596
Brian still keeps his sense of humor too

I can't find it, but there was some interview for the SMiLE webisoes in 2011, and they were asking Brian, Mike, and Al what song in their career was the most complex to record, and Brian non chalantly went "Barbara Ann"
>>
I fucking love that album, dear god it's near perfect.
>GOOOOOD PLEEEEASE LET US GO ON THIS WAAAAYYYY
>>
>>65590784
you mean this?
https://youtu.be/M0ShwBvpnew
>>
>>65591080
oh i forgot it was in that context
>that look of disgust brian gives to al
lol
>>
>>65590784
yeah, his interviews are classic. I remember one when he was talking about his greatest songs being Wouldn't it be Nice and Ding Dang. Finally someone who knows his shit, I love Ding Dang.
>>
>>65586776
That's not dark though, it's just sad. Brian may have been hearing voices, but the music is disturbing or cynical in the slightest. It's very innocent and melancholy. Daniel Johnston-like. He's yearning for love.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.