[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Encores are so lame. I hate waiting around for the band to cut
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2
File: encore.jpg (22 KB, 595x187) Image search: [Google]
encore.jpg
22 KB, 595x187
Encores are so lame. I hate waiting around for the band to cut the act that they're not going to play another or a few more songs. If it's a matter if taking a break do it on stage or step off real quick but I don't get this concert tradition anymore.

And then sometimes bands don't come out and people are just waiting around for fucking nothing lol. I personally just bail when they take a first step off stage to beat the rush. What's the point /mu/??
>>
>>65530796
I think encores are bloody stupid too, the worst thing is when a band curates their setlist expecting an encore, but then everyone leaves after the main set

I saw Chelsea Wolfe a few years ago and that happened, awkward as fuck, everyone left after her main set and there was just me and like two other people there front row, everything ready for an encore, she looked into the crowd from backstage, saw that everyone had already left and never came back on
>>
>>65530895
lmao I saw her and didn't stay for an encore either
>>
I stayed at a Boris show for 25 minutes extra and they never came out again. Learned my lesson. Wasn't tge last to give up though.
>>
>beat the rush
>going to shows big enough that there's a fucking "rush"
>going to shows in arenas
>calling shows concerts

congrats you're a retard
>>
>>65531485
btw if the house music comes on and your stupid-ass is still standing there waiting for something you have only yourself to blame
>>
>>65531485
You're doing A LOT of projecting in this post
>>
>>65531561
Addendum to this post: settle down angry Internet teenager.
>>
>>65531561
not really at all tho and I have to wonder if you actually understand what "projecting" is or if you just saw The Big Kids using it frequently as a SUPER CLEVER retort to insults
>>
File: 3463463.jpg (55 KB, 600x750) Image search: [Google]
3463463.jpg
55 KB, 600x750
>tfw you find out the encore is always on the planned setlist
>>
>>65531485
this
>>
>>65531585
Nope. You are indeed projecting gripes that don't actually exist in this situation on to my post. Please, there are other threads for you to shit post and get pedantic over what name to call something.
>>
>>65531602
The reasoning is beyond me. Encores need to die.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.