[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Remember the first time you heard Animal Collective?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3
File: tumblr_naw4loorfZ1ro5o0jo1_500.png (329 KB, 500x374) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_naw4loorfZ1ro5o0jo1_500.png
329 KB, 500x374
What was that like for you?
>>
I turned it off after 30 seconds.
>>
Sitting in my school's library at around 9 am, waiting for a class I had at 2. Listened to Merriweather Post Pavillion. Pretty much confused and had no idea what I was listening to (course, I was just barely starting to delve into music, so of course it would sound weird)
>>
>>65528522
this probably wasnt the first time i heard them but my first memory of them is watching the peacebone video late at night on Rage
i wasnt in love at first but it obviously got me interested and then the first time i listened to strawberry jam it was insane
>>
*change radio station*
>>
>>65528522
'wow this is kind of shit'
>>
I was 15 or 16 and MPP just came out and I hopped on the hype train. I listened to it twice I thought it was one of the most boring things I'd ever heard. They're my favorite band now though
>>
I remember the overwhelming noise of peacebone slowly starting to make sense and develop into the driving rhythm we all love
God, what a time
>>
Honestly? It was this video.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gqvBoFpgXQA
Freaked my middle school ass right the fuck out.
>>
File: 1465102437220.png (214 KB, 347x462) Image search: [Google]
1465102437220.png
214 KB, 347x462
>used to browse memebase a few years ago
>see that rage comic where the guy goes "what should I listen to today?"
>it's STGSTV
>get curious and listen to it on YouTube one night
>after a minute or so think "wow this sounds really bad. You probably need to be on drugs to enjoy it or something"

>later become an avid /mu/ lurker
>see AnCo discussed in some thread
>decide to give feels a listen
>instantly fall in love with grass
>and they've been one of my favorite bands since
>>
>>65528522
If we are being technical.
My first exposure to them was through Doin it right by daft punk, or rather specifically Panda Bear.

I loved RAM (still do honestly) so I was like why not hear some more by this dude.

I can't remember if I listened to a solo panda bear song or an AnCo tune but either way I didn't get it. I didn't hate it, I just didn't get it.

Didn't return to them till last year when I started maining /mu/
Over the years I've switched my main board probably a dozen or so times.

Anyway I listened to Person Pitch and thought it was alright. I haven't reheard it since though I probably should as I might like it more now.

Wasn't interested enough to hear anything more of theirs till PW came out.
Really enjoyable album imo after a few listens.

I have MPP downloaded but have yet to get to it. It's still sitting in my backlog.

Thanks for reading this blogpost
>>
Extremely underwhelming.

I was scanning through the youtube video for STVSTG trying to find the good part but I never did.

Same thing for MPP but I gave up sooner.
>>
File: file.png (29 KB, 373x529) Image search: [Google]
file.png
29 KB, 373x529
seventh grade
had recently been going thru p4k recommendations
saw merriweather post pavilion
used christmas itunes giftcard to download it
didn't know wtf it was
played it continuously and until a few months later it clicked
>>
Listened to my girls twice and didn't like it. 2 years later I heard bluish and really liked it, that was 2 years ago now and still haven't got around to listen to an album my them
>>
>>65528522
we were listening on a communal playlist so i used their song to go to the bathroom
>>
well it was mpp and i was really unimpressed by it and was also new to /mu/. i legit just couldn't understand it and couldn't get past the psychedelia. strange how now it's clear that the focus is on the melodies but to me it wasn't then. i liked bluish though and it's still my favorite off the album.
>>
>>65528817
If you liked doing it right MPP will probably satisfy you somewhat, also Tomboy
>>
>>65528522
First song I heard was Chores. Hated it. Came back to em a couple weeks later and heard MPP. Been in love with them since. I've grown to like Strawberry Jam entirely as well as the rest of their discography.
>>
>>65528753
somebody post the comic
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.