[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/shugazi/
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 4
File: folder.jpg (787 KB, 1000x1000) Image search: [Google]
folder.jpg
787 KB, 1000x1000
In this episode of shugazi:
>anon posts his favorite album
>it's shit
>anon posts his aoty
>it's shit
>thread actually reaches bump limit
>>
I've listened to a great deal of underrated shoegaze lately.
>>
File: 6135626.png (2 MB, 1597x1597) Image search: [Google]
6135626.png
2 MB, 1597x1597
/mu/, help me out. About 90% of shoegaze I've listened to is basically the band trying to replicate Loveless, but I'm not a fan of Loveless and none of them are anywhere close to the quality of Loveless. Is there any shoegaze albums you guys would recommend for someone who's not a fan of Loveless? Pic related is my favorite shoegaze album
>>
>>65501310
post your finds tripfag

>>65501377
uh... have you heard any other shoegaze essential? maybe you just think loveless is what shoegaze sounds like so nothing sounds like shoegaze if it doesn't sound like loveless. this is classic newbie mistake
>>
>>65502530
Listened to Souvlaki by Slowdrive, Beat by Bowery Electric, and Blonder Tongue Audio Baton by Swirlies
>>
>>65502635
Listen to Beat more,
God I love that record.
Yeah but uh sorry Loveless is the pinnacle man
>>
>>65502737
I didn't enjoy it very much, sorry man. Maybe it was the trip hop elements
>>
>>65502766
Ah, no worries, I found the trip hop beats really relaxing.
What were your thoughts on the other two you listed or Loveless
>>
>>65502766
if you didnt like loveless you need to listen to it more
get a good set of headphones,go look at the stars and put it on
>>
>>65502635
listen to Nowhere, Psychocandy, Whirlpool, Split, Loop... there's a bunch of essential stuff you shouldn't skip.
>>
>>65502812
well, can't remember a single second of Souvlaki, kinda just in one ear, out the other. Swirlies is cool, collection of some pretty rad songs here and there, but as a whole, I'd rather listen to the album I posted

>>65502832
I mean, I'll consider it, I understand why people like about it, but I'd rather listen to something else
>>
>>65502832
He was talking about Bowery Electric
>>
>>65502849
fuck you
>>
Take your pick- the new pinkshinyultrablast, the new Pity Sex, or the new Nothing?
>>
File: folder.jpg (822 KB, 1315x1315) Image search: [Google]
folder.jpg
822 KB, 1315x1315
>>65502843
alright, i'll make sure to listen to it.

I've been thinking about listening to this album, based on what I've said so far, do you think i'd enjoy it?
>>
>>65502906
sure. give it a go
>>
>>65502888
>mfw i haven't listened to any of these yet
i think i'm scared i won't like them
>>
We Lift To Experience now, /shugazi/
What do you think?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mIPzmwswLbQ

>>65501377
>>
>>65503146
it's ok. Entire album is way longer than it needed to be and many of the songs sound the same, which doesn't help.

With that said, the whole post-rock/shoegaze/gospel thing was pretty cool, and the song you posted was my favorite from that album
>>
File: cover.jpg (26 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
cover.jpg
26 KB, 400x400
Even though Loveless is probably my favorite album of all time, this album always surprises me. It's like a more emotional Loveless. The second track is killer.
>>
So pretty new to shoegaze, but I love Whirr's Distressor EP and Loveless. Where do I go from there?
>>
>>65504149
If you liked Whirr, check out the rest of their stuff, Pity Sex, and Nothing, I'd say.
>>
>>65504039
Only listened to this once or twice, but that one song where it switches from accoustic to all shoegazey is pretty dope (not sure what it's called)
>>
>>65504722
That's Snowblinder, that was a pretty cool part for sure.
>>
rec some dronegaze
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.