[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
how did a bunch of 20 year olds make this
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 6
File: s.png (43 KB, 222x220) Image search: [Google]
s.png
43 KB, 222x220
how did a bunch of 20 year olds make this
>>
You could ask that of a lot of /mu/core
>>
File: stgstv.jpg (45 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
stgstv.jpg
45 KB, 500x500
How did one teenager write and produce this?
>>
File: Rollercoaster.jpg (53 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
Rollercoaster.jpg
53 KB, 400x400
How can a 25 year old write this and still create brilliant albums to this date?
>>
they mind was older
>>
talent
>>
>>65499911
THEY MIND TO BIG FOR HTE GOTDAM ALBUM
>>
File: image.jpg (37 KB, 300x299) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
37 KB, 300x299
How did one 23 year old write, compose, and produce this in the 1960s?
>>
>>65499747
Someone help me out with this meme.
It honestly sounds like a "dark" emo album to me
>>
this came out 3 days after he turned 22. the motorcycle crash happened 3 years later when he was 25. so the whole first era of bob dylan took place in 3 years during his early 20s

what have you done with your life?
>>
>>65500092
Fucked my ass with a dildo a few times.
>>
>>65499856
because 25 is the height of talent most people reach before the world shits on them to an extent that they have to lose ambition, creativity, and poise.
>>
>classical composers get better as they age
>modern bands get worse

why
>>
>>65500076
It sounds like shit, 'cause it's shit.
>>
>>65500051
acid and muh girlfrend blooz
>>
>>65499747
what ever happened since that one guys suicide attempt?
>>
>>65499794
He wrote the songs in highschool and college, recorded and produced it around 20-21 with Noah. The only song he wrote in his highschool years was Penny Dreadfuls. Everything else was written between 97-99 and recorded in 99, he would have been 20. He was born in 79.
>>
>>65499747
>>65500051
A lot of them have been into music since they were kids
>>
>release master piece in early 20s
>don't release anything else worthwhile in the 40 years of remaining life
>>
>>65500575
He survived the attempt, but about a year later got in a car accident. There's more information on Slint's facebook
>>
by playing guitars and drums and recording it, then getting it mass produced at a pressing plant
>>
>>65500533
whatever sort of inspiration it takes to make good music seems to die in people when they get older. classical music proceeds by feel/intuition, but composition is also an intellectual activity and a skill, where being more skilled means you make better music. non-classical music is almost all feel/intuition and being more skilled as a songwriter sort of paradoxically doesn't have to lead to good music. like capn jazz is really good music but are those guys skilled songwriters? kinda sorta. but mostly they got the fire. leonard cohen on the other hand is pretty skilled but (i think) most of his music is flat and empty
>>
how did a bunch of late 30 year olds write this?
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.