[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I Don't understand Death Grips
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 5
What is Death Grips appeal to you?
Why are you a fan?
>>
i like the le funny memes and le cool guys i meet at their shows and the pure angst describing how much i hate girls
>>
>>65497984
they kinda sounds like twenty one pilots, thats y I like them :)
>>
They're fucking epic.
>>
They give me the courage to tell Mom and Dad to get out of my room!
>>
i like Death Grips b/c everyone else at school does desu
>>
Because it makes me feel different.
>>
>>65497984
Because you're getting a ton of meme responses from contrarian asshats, the real reason is that death grips is heavier and more raw than most rap and hip hop without going full crazy experimental. It appeals to a lot of people
>>
I like their music.
>>
>>65498633
>death grips is heavier and more raw than most rap and hip hop without going full crazy experimental

ehhhh

I like death grips and I 100% disagree with this statement.

They're not really a hip hop group, they're a punk rock group that happens to use a few musical ideas borrowed from hip hop. But not as many as they use from noise rock and various types of EDM.

I think people like Death Grips for the same people reason people like noise rock, punk, chaotic jazz, etc. It surprises you moment to moment with tempo changes, which are pleasurable and interesting to the brain if you don't recoil from them in horror. It's extremely energetic music, which makes it exciting to listen to. And it has a lot of atypical timbres, which makes the music seem immersive and otherworldly.
>>
I don't what people are talking about when they say this. Their instrumentation is some of the best I've ever heard in my opinion. Their very cyberpunk/web infused lyrics are a big plus in my tastes. And a the lyric themes, although very violent and explicit, are very intelligent and well written. Also the fact that they care very little about money and more of making music. They have yet to release a bad album, which is amazing considering they seem to release an album once a year. They are my favorite band, and probably will be for a long time. Probably a reason why It doesn't appeal to people is Stefan's screamed vocals, their music is heavy and its more aimed at heavier listeners
>>
>>65497984
I like abrasive music, simple as that.
>>
i'm not a "fan" but they are genuinely good. especially the instrumentals. i could take or leave the vocals but the beats are 10/10. i wouldn't say they're one of my favorites or anything.

the latest album is pretty bad compared to the others though
>>
threads that happen daily:
Pet Sounds, meme or good?
Why does mu like Death Grips?
what music does _____ girl _____ listen to?
>>
they're meme
>>
File: dgfeels.png (35 KB, 443x531) Image search: [Google]
dgfeels.png
35 KB, 443x531
>le black angry screamo mémé man
>>
File: image.jpg (16 KB, 316x395) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
16 KB, 316x395
They're ok but /mu/ destroyed them for me.
>>
i dunno just do
>>
It's quite simple: we're witnessing the rise of the most important band of this decade
>>
>>65499526
you sound like a bit of a cuck m8
>>
File: dgae.png (749 KB, 619x755) Image search: [Google]
dgae.png
749 KB, 619x755
collab when
>>
>>65497984
Because they areweird and misanthropic like me (X
>>
because fantano likes them
>>
Les Claypool thought that he was interesting enough to do a colab with. That's all you need to know.
>>
>>65497984
TMS seemed like such a vital and atavistic and transgressive record when it came out. it was videodrome for your ears. not sure if the new records are any good (i suspect retreads), but they deserve the acclaim and goodwill here from that work alone.
>>
>>65497984

I like how it sounds. Shit gets me hype. That's pretty much it?
>>
File: 1381689697718.jpg (13 KB, 317x330) Image search: [Google]
1381689697718.jpg
13 KB, 317x330
>>65501433
>not sure if the new records are any good (i suspect retreads)
It's this kind of ignorance that makes me hate /mu/.
>>
>>65499624
who dat on the bottom?
>>
>>65501655
autechre you pleb
>>
>>65501545
and thats the typical facile and insipid response which keeps me coming back!

but seriously: there are hundreds of records i would like to explore; i dont need more zach hill in my life right now.
>>
>>65501705
So don't give OP false information, idiot.
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.