[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>listens to bob dylan once
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 7
File: 51JtTy1pswL.jpg (51 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
51JtTy1pswL.jpg
51 KB, 500x500
>listens to bob dylan once
>>
File: byrdsandhyde.jpg (139 KB, 1200x1200) Image search: [Google]
byrdsandhyde.jpg
139 KB, 1200x1200
>listens to The Band once
>>
File: porksoda.jpg (12 KB, 226x223) Image search: [Google]
porksoda.jpg
12 KB, 226x223
>listens to the residents once
>>
Fifth dimension is objectively the Byrds best album
>>
File: rubber-soul.jpg (313 KB, 1400x1400) Image search: [Google]
rubber-soul.jpg
313 KB, 1400x1400
>listens to The Byrds once
>>
>>65493172
Listens to their opinions on early psych rock once
>>
>>65493459
wheres your meme arrow?
>>
>>65493448
Listens to Rubber Soul multiple times and makes an album with actual artistic merit.
>>
File: sakurafish.jpg (22 KB, 301x320) Image search: [Google]
sakurafish.jpg
22 KB, 301x320
>hits blunt
>>
>>65493388
>listens to The Band
who does this?
>>
>>65493499
>and rubber soul doesn't
edgy
>>
>>65493448
Its the other way around actually.

>The blending of Folk and Rock was something that was inspired by The Beatles when I was working for Bobby Darin in New York. I was in the Brill Building in 1963 and I heard The Beatles and it inspired a combination of Folk and Rock and I went down to Greenwich Village and I started playing traditional songs with a Beatle beat and gradually when I went out to the West Coast Gene Clark came along and David Crosby and we formed The Byrds around that sound.

>When the Beatles had come out, the folk boom had already peaked," McGuinn notes. "The people who had been into it were getting kind of burned out. It just wasn't very gratifying, and it had become so commercial that it had lost its meaning for a lot of people. So the Beatles kind of re-energized it for me. I thought it was natural to put the Beatles' beat and the energy of the Beatles into folk music. And in fact, I heard folk chord changes in the Beatles' music when I listened to their early stuff like 'She Loves You' and 'I Want To Hold Your Hand.' I could hear the passing chords that we always use in folk music: the G-Em-Am-B kind of stuff. So I really think the Beatles invented folk-rock. They just didn't know it.
>>
File: 546346346.jpg (669 KB, 1024x1024) Image search: [Google]
546346346.jpg
669 KB, 1024x1024
>>65493448
>listens to Rubber Soul once
>>
>>65493529
>every day
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.