[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Has anybody else reached the point where music stops being exciting/impressive
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 4
File: image.png (778 KB, 1106x1012) Image search: [Google]
image.png
778 KB, 1106x1012
Has anybody else reached the point where music stops being exciting/impressive and you just listen to it because you've been doing it for such a long time?
>>
How i felt about a year ago, i was just listening to RATM entire discography over and over again in chronological order for about 4 months. Finally managed to claw myself back into actual enjoyment.
>>
>>65485010
dumb frogposter
>>
I don't care about being "excited" or "impressed" like some uncultured, philistian pedestrian. Music provides an appeal that I can't get anywhere else.
>>
>>65485010
Yeah, I've gotten to a point where I'm more focused on appreciating things on a technical/historical level, and the emotional connection gets lost. Every once in a while I come across things that make me feel but it's rare.
>>
>>65485169
this
>>
>>65485010
No. You should listen to actually good musicians, or try to find a genre that makes you go "das it mane" a lot.
>>
nah i enjoy music, dont think ill ever stop enjoying it you dumb frog
>>
>>65485169

listening to music for sheer emotion is for plebs

you should strive to have transcendental spiritual experiences
>>
are you a 15 year old girl or something?
>>
You only notice this kind of burnout with listeners of popular music.
>>
File: 1458772917544.jpg (39 KB, 472x461) Image search: [Google]
1458772917544.jpg
39 KB, 472x461
>>65485010

Music is my life
>>
>>65485010
it´s definetly not easy to impress me coz i´ve heard a lot of shit
>>
>>65486109
A "spiritual experience" IS an emotional connection, you nog.
>>
no, because i'm always moving forward you dip always listening to new music
>>
i've stopped looking for music to make me feel and started looking for music that takes me places

starting to get into the music of new orleans now
>>
>>65487096
this
>>
i mostly just put music on to fill the silence or to make me feel better about feeling terrible all of the time
>>
music is the only thing that stops the voices
>>
I sometimes feel that way about rock music in general
>>
This legitimately makes me wonder what kind of doodoo you're listening to. Branch out.
>>
>>65487096
nigger, I didn't say i don't listen to new music, i said it fails to impress me
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.