[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
The Motherfucking Velvet Underground
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1
File: 220px-Whitelightwhiteheat.jpg (5 KB, 220x223) Image search: [Google]
220px-Whitelightwhiteheat.jpg
5 KB, 220x223
Holy shit. I don't think I've ever dug an album so much after the first listen. Show some love for your favorite VU release
>>
When I listened to this album, it warned. "Gift" is a track that unusual. I will say that much. This album is a number of good, I must admit that a lot. This album is testing its way and we appreciate it.
>>
my favorite is still their self-titled after this, but this shit still rocks harder than most noise rock
>>
>>65480469
Yeah, their S/T'd will probably stay my favorite just cause I could see myself getting tired of The Gift after repeated listens.But, the rest of the album is so killer I'm not sure.

It's amazing how you can hear the influences The Velvet Underground has had
>>
>>65480430
>it warned
>this album is a number of good
what?
>>
>>65480469
You're always in these threads posting the same thing.
>>
Sister Ray is fucking amazing
>>
Their music is an alarming and disquieting deaf noise that has the same function as the ritualistic music of primitive cultures: each individual first recognizes the ambiance, then becomes a participant, and in the end becomes the protagonist. Yet, at the same time, that sound is a visualization of chaos, a fog from which the mirage of a better world emerges, tied to a philosophy that borders on Hindu and Zen. Their music has a majestic sense, even when reduced to the most abject sounds.
>>
>>65480673
kek
>>
It was going good. Until lou went 100% fag.
>>
>>65480412
I love them but that album is seriously a meme. It's basically mostly filler building up to one incredible track
>>
>>65482633
that one track makes up half of the album though
>>
>>65482633
>what is Lady Godiva's operation?
>>
>>65480786
Same here to post this. Sister ray is the best song if its era, but I rarely ever listen to the full album anymore. The debut is an overall better package
>>
I like the third record an awful lot.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.