[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/mu/, how do I write good songs?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
File: write-songs.jpg (183 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
write-songs.jpg
183 KB, 1024x768
/mu/, how do I write good songs?
>>
>>65480376
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oOlDewpCfZQ
>>
if you yourself like it, it's good.

if others don't, then it's up to you whether you want to compromise and make the requisite adjustments to your songwriting to make something that will liked by others.

this is all assuming you have a good understanding of the songwriting craft (in other words, if people don't like your shit, can you understand their reasons why? if so, how do you disagree with said reasons or why will you ignore it?)
>>
>>65480376
pay people to say its good
>>
1) get a music education
2) analyse great songs
3) practice a fuckload
4) have life experiences that are conducive to meaningful songwriting
5) continue writing songs until you consider them "good" and other people do too
>>
Become a mystic, practice esoteric white magic, learn to astral project, create the solar bodies, it's the only way to hear the music of the spheres and transcribe it for mortals.

Otherwise you'll just make crap.
>>
drugs
>>
Depends on the market. If you're aiming for indie shit, learn obfuscation. If you prefer hip hop, learn puns. If you prefer pop, learn to play four chords and write generic lyrics that are somehow still catchy.

>>65480455
>>65480458
Hivemind
>>
>>65480447
>3) practice a fuckload
>3.a) and a bit more after that
>2) analyse great songs
>2.a) and keep up with new developments in music
>>
>>65480428
No, people have to invest in it, but it does have to be good
>>
>>65480474
>learn puns
how do you 'learn' to make puns
>>
i find writing lyrics first makes it easier to write good rhythms for melodies
>>
>>65481084
You will literally go insane trying to be both innovative and true to yourself in the era of the internet. Just try to carve out your own space in the styles you're closest with.
>>
>>65482322
what if being true to yourself means also being innovative?
Stockhausen for example.

Some people are just naturally innovative.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.