[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/jazz/: All jazz goes here What is the person appeal of jazz
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3
File: KennyG_Holiday2012_COL.jpg (1 MB, 1505x1875) Image search: [Google]
KennyG_Holiday2012_COL.jpg
1 MB, 1505x1875
/jazz/: All jazz goes here What is the person appeal of jazz music to you? What jazz album made it click for you? What is your absolute favourite jazz release and why?
>>
The way that Kenny is making direct eye contact whilst blowing that sax, makes me think he's a good fuck.
>>
>>65467116

Maybe if you like getting your dick sucked

oh wait I do
>>
>>65467091
I've started appreciating jazz after I've learned guitar/piano. I also started reading a book on jazz but didn't finish it. Still it gave me some understanding of the art of interplay and improvisation.

Also, jazz can be very relaxing and cool, and it rarely sounds rehashed. The musicians usually play 1000 times better than most guitarists, especially in alt rock
>>
File: 1027.jpg (77 KB, 644x426) Image search: [Google]
1027.jpg
77 KB, 644x426
Listening to jazz is like taking a journey. You remove your pre-conceptions and expectations and allow a work to take you somewhere and teach you something new. It changes. It's music I can live in without getting bored.

For me, it clicked almost at the same time with two albums, Bill Evans Trio -Explorations & Return to Forever - Where Have I Known You Before?
>>
File: The_Iron_Men_(album) (1).jpg (15 KB, 220x219) Image search: [Google]
The_Iron_Men_(album) (1).jpg
15 KB, 220x219
Pic related and Conference of the Birds are two of my favourite albums of all time and I love Braxton's performances on them. The only Braxton solo album I've heard is For Alto and it was one of the most unpleasant albums I've ever had the displeasure of listening to.
Wat do? Are all his albums like this or does he have more musical sets as a leader?
>>
>>65467200
You JUST KNOW
Kenny gives good head
>>
>>65467302

Conference of the Birds is GOAT
>>
so I got that Penguin Guide To Jazz...I knew there were gonna be a lot of albums in it, but there's like over 13,000 holy shit. it's alphabetical but how do I even begin with that? should I just go through it page by page looking for the stuff that interests me? seems like it will be an enormous undertaking. I just wish it had some better kind of organization. like, go to this chapter for a focus on this/these instrument(s) or this subgenre for example.
>>
>>65467910
I think it rates the albums no? There's either a "core collection" or "crown" system (one of those two, can't remember which) that it uses. Flick through the book and look for the ones it rates as essential and just listen to them as you find them.
>>
>>65467910
getting into music from a book doesn't sounds very fun to me
>>
>>65468142
As opposed to getting into music from the internet?
No wait, don't tell me, you're one of those freaks who goes out and learns about music from friends and people you meet at gigs and shit. Fucking disgusting.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.