[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
My bf mocks me for having hundreds of CD's. He says there's
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 3
File: cds.jpg (704 KB, 1024x689) Image search: [Google]
cds.jpg
704 KB, 1024x689
My bf mocks me for having hundreds of CD's. He says there's no reason to have them. Most are from before vinyl became cool and torrenting was a thing. Is he right?
>>
nah, collections are nice
>>
>>65459971
is he qt
>>
If you liking owning physical copies of your music, keep holding on to them.
>>
>>65459971
I don't know about the cds, son, but homosexuality is a sin.
>>
having CDs is fine as long as they aren't shit CDs.

how much Backstreet boys is in there anonfriend
>>
>>65460111
furry content belongs on /trash/
>>
>>65459971

Hang on to it! Spotify will vanish,others will come and go but your music is yours, and will always stay that way.
>>
>>65459971
on one hand, you've spent god knows ho much money on something dumb like music instead of important things like, i dont know, donations or some shit
on the other hand, you get all of the cool artwork with CDs, from the booklets to the disc themselves
>>
Physical collections, no matter the format, will always be superior. How else are you going to show your supposed children what you listened to back in the day? Give them your Spotify account password? No, you physically hand them a piece of history
>>
>>65459971
I've discovered during the last two years, since I can take CD-Rs home from the mastering plant, that there's an astonishing variation in quality between different CD plants. If you think digital is perfect, I have news for you. Many of us have been fooled by this myth that it's just 0s and 1s and therefore copies perfectly. It doesn't. The variations in quality are pretty wild, and random. Just the way you hook up a cable can make a difference. And there's no quality control in these CD plants, other than someone checking whether there's any level being transferred.

Most of us take it for granted that a CD is a CD, and we almost never discuss about varying standards of manufacture. I can't say too much about current US manufacturer's because I have few US made CDs. I have still detected a general shrillness to many US CDs ("let's tweek the high end to make them sound sharp to delude the general public that our CDs sound better than vinyl and tape"). Tweeking the high end also accentuated the hiss. After so many disappointments and revelations having heard import versions after getting US discs I have concentrated on acquiring import pressings.

As for maunfacturers themselves: on the import side I like the clarity of Nimbus UK but they can be hissier and lighter on low end than MPO France which produces well rounded sounding CDs. PDO have been fine except for the recent PDO UK disc rot problem. Sonopress in Germany are adequate. I used to shy away from DADC in Austria (Sony Europe uses them) but have realised that was a personal bias. Nimbus USA (Virginia) vary. Their reissues of the OMD catalogue were shoddy. DADC in Indiana (Sony/Columbia) are so so.
>>
>>65460673
Most charity proceeds like the Ronald Mcdonald foundation or whatever, only use like 15% of their winnings to the actual cause.
>>
He's wrong. Your boyfriend sounds like a grade A fuckeroni.
>>
>>65460995
i know that, i'm just saying as an example
I got over 100 CDs and sometimes I look at them and think to myself "god damn, I've spent too much on this shit" and feel like an asshole
>>
>>65461029
Yeah, understandable.

Though, it is your money, whether or not you earned it. And If music (CD's in this case) means enough to you, that you would purchase it physically, then it's obviously something you hold dearly, so you buy it knowing it's a priority (to you).

If you're anything like most people, here on this board, you don't have THAT much money or time to spend on things like charity.
>>
>>65461029
Giving money to charity is gay
>>
>>65461237
Amazing point raised here.
>>
>>65459971
P.S IM A GIRL TEE HEE
YES A GIRL XDDD
IM SO LOL RANDOMS AND I LISTEN TO CDS GIVE ME ATTENTION
>>
>>65461267
>>
File: file.png (27 KB, 480x270) Image search: [Google]
file.png
27 KB, 480x270
>>65461267
>>
>>65461267
OP could be gay. They didn't mention their gender, just said their boyfriend said something.

Why are you so triggered at the idea of a female posting here? Do you get this butthurt when a male mentions the taste of their girlfriends?

What does it feel like to be a permavirgin?
>>
>>65461312
Was waiting for a response like this. Thanks.
>>
>>65461312
>Do you get this butthurt when a male mentions the taste of their girlfriends?
I'm sure that he hates normalfags just as much as women.
>>
File: 1348764844816.png (2 KB, 244x226) Image search: [Google]
1348764844816.png
2 KB, 244x226
>>65461327
>>
>>65461267
>OP Mentions Bf
>Immediately thinks it's a grill
Fucktard
>>
>>65461401
funny
>>
>>65461456
Things never said about you.
>>
>>65461473
good one
>>
>>65461483
Things never said about you.
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.