[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So, what is /mu/'s honest opinion on this album?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1
So, what is /mu/'s honest opinion on this album?
>>
It's a fun rock album that's been kind of overhyped. I really enjoyed it.
>inb4 shut up will
>>
I loved nervous young man and twin fantasy, even teens of style but I just can't get through this one :/ I still think nervous young man is his best work
>>
>>65450037
tried listening, sounds like a pussier version of weezer so i exited spotify and 360'd away from the computer to drink beer and fuck to Jesus Lizard
>>
Took a few listens, but I like it a lot.
>>
one of the best releases of this year
>>
b8
>>
>>65450109
What's your favorite Jesus Lizard album?
>>
>>65450037

in fill in the blank:

>AND THEN FINALLY YOU WILL SHUT UP

normal lyric, right???

but look closer...

>WILL SHUT UP

damn...
>>
It's fine i guess, I still prefer Twin Fantasy
>>
it sucks, will has really dropped the ball
>>
>>65450732
reminder that will wrote how to leave town after teens of denial
>>
I love it. Better than teens of style but Nervous young man is still my fav CSH album with twin fantasy as a close second. I'd probably put this as my 3rd or 4th favorite under starving while living
>>
>>65450037
as one of the hyped indie rock albums of the Spring I think it's the best. Human Performance doesn't have half the heart of this one, but it prob better to get high to.
>>
>>65450037
i like it alot. reminds me of twin fantasy with better production. it's been on repeat since it dropped. fill in the blank,drunk drivers, 1937 state park,cosmic heroes, the ballad of the costa concordia are all so damn catchy even joes gets kicked out of school is a fun listen at the end.

yes it's over hyped. but imo it's a solid release. took me a few listens to figure out what songs to skip and what not but overall will has definitely improved since teens of style with this
>>
Stuff like fill in the blank, drunk drivers, and unforgiving girl are good singalong material, the other songs have got some clever lyricism going on, Cosmic Hero may well be song of the year purely because of that fucking build. Overall, standard Toledo effort, really enjoying it.
>inb4 my bump brings in shitposters
>>
>>65450037
The Strokes + Weezer?
>>
>tfw no bf
>>
It didn't do anything for me. Personally I stick to The Ovvens for my weezer obsession fix.
>>
>>65453031
Maybe sonically. Song structure-wise and lyrically he doesn't have inch in common with them except maybe Pinkerton-era rivers.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.